Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalscape View Post
    If I'm understanding, this means it would be ok in the "Other Vendors and Services" subforum?
    That is correct. It is pretty easy to become a vender here.
    Basicly you become a donating member and start a free facebook page to take orders and talk about your services. Maybe show some pictures of your work.
    This is how most small shops get started here. If it takes off go for a real website.
    The how to's are all in the TOS.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Good question came in today which I thought would be nice to have the answer here.

Q) When I have two FS threads posted, why don't the MODS just remove one of them instead of both.

A) Because the MODS have no clue which thread you would like to have removed. By removing them both it allows the OP to determine which thread they want to have posted in FS or if they want to combine up the two/three threads into one thread assuming they do not exceed the 3 item per thread rule.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Good question came in today which I thought would be nice to have the answer here.

Q) When I have two FS threads posted, why don't the MODS just remove one of them instead of both.

A) Because the MODS have no clue which thread you would like to have removed. By removing them both it allows the OP to determine which thread they want to have posted in FS or if they want to combine up the two/three threads into one thread assuming they do not exceed the 3 item per thread rule.
    I like your answer Deb and will use it if I get the question.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Another excellent question came in to me today via PM so I thought I would post the Q&A here

Q) Why do I have to close my thread once I receive the funds rather than waiting for the purchaser to receive the item?

There are multiple reasons behind having the seller close/move the thread once funds have been received:

a) The MODS and community will not continue to follow your thread so it reduces traffic in the FS area

b) Once the seller closes and moves the thread he/she can open another thread to sell something else if they choose to but until it is close/moved you are prohibited from any further FS postings

c) Any issues you might have after the sale can be addressed with the purchaser. There is no need for the rest of HF to know when the package is received and what condition it is in. The FS area is meant to allow you to find a buyer and has no impact on how the sale goes so there is no need to keep the thread open.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Another excellent question came in to me today via PM so I thought I would post the Q&A here

Q) Why do I have to close my thread once I receive the funds rather than waiting for the purchaser to receive the item?

There are multiple reasons behind having the seller close/move the thread once funds have been received:

a) The MODS and community will not continue to follow your thread so it reduces traffic in the FS area

b) Once the seller closes and moves the thread he/she can open another thread to sell something else if they choose to but until it is close/moved you are prohibited from any further FS postings

c) Any issues you might have after the sale can be addressed with the purchaser. There is no need for the rest of HF to know when the package is received and what condition it is in. The FS area is meant to allow you to find a buyer and has no impact on how the sale goes so there is no need to keep the thread open.
    I agree with this.

how can i do a price drop?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mojeb21 View Post
    how can i do a price drop?
    For the first 72 hours you can edit your original post. After that just add a note saying price drop and what the current/new price is.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    About a week ago, we had a member selling knock-offs of the Loop Aliens in the For Sale subforum (https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...s-fleece-pants). Even said so in the thread title. Is this something that is allowed? IMHO, our cottage industries are the life blood of this forum, and to see someone purposely selling clones of patented ideas from our cottage industries made my blood boil.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    About a week ago, we had a member selling knock-offs of the Loop Aliens in the For Sale subforum (https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...s-fleece-pants). Even said so in the thread title. Is this something that is allowed? IMHO, our cottage industries are the life blood of this forum, and to see someone purposely selling clones of patented ideas from our cottage industries made my blood boil.
    Hi lilricky,
    As the TOS is written there are no rules against it.
    The management did discuss this topic in the mod forum and for now we felt trying to be copyright police is a bit much for the mod team.
    I know that was not the answer you wanted but if it helps it made my blood boil as well.
    -O&B

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You're right, not what I wanted to hear. I hope that management in the future might put something in the rules stating that we respect our industries IP and patents, even if management didn't want to get into who owns what. Thank you for your consideration.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast