WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I played with it a little today and I think it might work to do it, but it doesn't leave much height underneath if you are pitching close to the ground. Might be more of an option if you pile up a wall of snow...

I'll try it with the grip clips and let you know what happens.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Thumbs up Success!!!

I set up the tarp today, first on the 10' ridgeline. Not bad with the TiredFeet/TeeDee ridgeline idea, but my Kalisto hammock is just too long, and sticks out 6" on each end.

So, I switched it over to the 11' ridgeline, and added tieouts via grip-clips at 30 inches back from the corners. I have to say it was a big success! Lots of room inside with the panel pull-outs (idea from good ole' Shug), the ridgeline was long enough to contain the hammock, and the pitch was MUCH tighter than on the 10' ridgeline. Placing the tieouts in the middle of the catenary curve doesn't seem to matter at all, and if you think about that, it makes sense...with the corner, it essentially divides the curve into two curves. With a closer-to-ground pitch, I think this will work very, very well, and I don't have to worry about switching over to the 10' ridgeline, ever.

I just have to add some grosgrain tie-outs, and it's ready for winter. Placing the tieouts in the middle of the catenary curve doesn't seem to matter at all, and if you think about that, it makes sense...with the corner, it essentially divides the curve into two curves.

Call me very, very happy!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I took photos, but I'll have to add them later--they aren't appearing in the gallery yet.
    --Scott <><

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    OK, here are some photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Scott <><

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    looks perfect Scott...better than any I ever did anyway....
    great job!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks! I'm really liking this now. May even have to sleep in it tonight...and I probably will!
    --Scott <><

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Scott - I really like your idea of adding tie outs in the middle of the cat cuts.

We'll have to play with this some to see how well it works with our Bridges.

Thanks.
    Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

Do not dig your grave with your teeth. (Unknown)

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    OK, here are some photos.
    Bonsaihiker,

Nice pitch!

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    TeeDee: I'm glad I could give an idea to someone who has given the rest of this community so many of his own. I think you'll like how this one works. One thing I really like is the position of the extra tieouts in the doorway--if needed, you could toggle those together pretty easily with small 'biners and really close things up.

Pan: Thanks! Nice tarp. Guess I won't be able to return it after adding the tie-outs, huh? S'okay...don't want to, anyway--glad I made the decision I did!
    --Scott <><

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12