Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images

JRB Tarp Tent Pre-purchase List?

Hey folks,

I've noticed several comments regarding the much anticipated JRB tarp tents.
    Others may know the status of these tarps, design details etc.
    I wanted to start this thread for those that are already ready,willing and able to make a purchase.
    Please post in this thread if you are:

a) A guaranteed customer for a JRB tarp tent when they are released.

b) You have any confirmed information regarding, design details, price or availability on the JRB tarp tents.

Hopefully this will make life easy for the Jacks and help them to gauge the immediate demand for the product.
    I also was hoping to channel some of the more random comments about these products into one solid place.
    There were several other threads that I was trying to follow but have lost track of because the posts were
    not exactly on topic to the original idea being discussed.
    I am hoping to gather in this thread, the specific details of the product. eg: exact sizing, who has tested one,
    thoughts, opinions?, will they be compatible with many of the common hammock designs speers, HH, DIY etc?
    Final weights? Stuff size? Pricing and availability?
    Please post if you can answer any of these questions.
    If someone has already taken this initiative, I apologize. Please direct me to the appropriate list to post my name and I will delete this thread.
    Last edited by turk; 05-23-2007 at 20:31.

In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images
    Starting with myself -

Guaranteed sale for 2 of the 8x8 model green and black tarp tents.

Say the word and I will have immediate payment sent.

thanks.
    Last edited by turk; 05-23-2007 at 20:26.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I wanted to start a thread like this so bad. I'm glad that you did it. I wrote Pan about the tarp tent earlier and he said:
    the 8x8 tarp tent is on the back burner at this time... working the other model first.... no price yet and probably will be a few months until work is done by the factory.

We won't forget you when they get closer....hope to get them before winter.

Pan
    I will go ahead and say I will definitely be up for one of the 8x8 tarp tents when they become available. Definitely.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 06-05-2007 at 15:29.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Ok Guys and Gals,

First, we are not ignoring you.... Please undestand that meeting demands on current products, read quilts comes first.... The TD sale which was also on the net has had great results... We should have all the back orders shipped in 7-10 days.

Second, understand that we are having a US Factory produce the Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock and the JRB Tents.... Getting prototypes to the proper point of development and producability is a major effort of a lot of folk....We will not post the details until the trial runs are complete and actual production models can be weighed, measured etc....We anticipate that another 45 - 60 days of work is necessary.... Then there will be some lead time for the full production runs....

We are working to have them available before winter.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt(s)
    Images

JRB Hammock And Tarp Tent Picture

Here is the much awaited photo. No specs. Both are still in the prototype stage. Note - one side of the tent is thrown back over the top.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    From what I can tell the tarp tent is very similar to Youngbloods design here http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...r&imageuser=41.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    From what I can tell the tarp tent is very similar to Youngbloods design here http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...r&imageuser=41.
    it ends up w/ a similar shape, but i believe it may be a little roomer & a little less complicated to set-up.
    plus, you can roll the walls up & velcro them if not needed on the jrb hammock tarp.
    i believe youngblood may be working on another version that will be less problem to set up too.
    where you run into problems is when you try to stake the walls down taught on a slope.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    From what I saw of youngblood's tarptent, it was basically a large tarp with a lot of tieouts that you could use to give it that shape.

The Jack's tarptent is shaped like a roof and walls. Picture a small buildings roof and side walls.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    JRB are coming out with a model very similar to Youngblood's tarp tent as well as the one based on the 8x8 tarp. I like the 8x8 version much better because of the extra room inside. Pan said that 3 ground dwellers as well a a hammock can reside under the 8x8 tarp tent. I might actually get my wife to go with me with a setup like that.

Pan,

I hope that you don't feel we are rushing you. I just get overly excited sometimes and I really like your tartp tent. I will wait patiently (is it done yet? ) until I can get one.

Smee,

Thanks for posting the pic. I was driving me crazy not knowing what the design was like. I realize it's a prototype but I do feel better knowing the basic design now.

Honestly how could Tom Hennessy say that the ridge line system on that hammock in any way resembles what is on a HH?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Here is the much awaited photo. No specs. Both are still in the prototype stage. Note - one side of the tent is thrown back over the top.

Apparently JRB agrees with me. That is not a ridge line but a suspension system. Now HH will have some real competition on there hands.
    Last edited by lvleph; 05-24-2007 at 09:46.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast