View Poll Results: do I convert or buy then customize?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • convert

0 0%
  • buy

35 85.37%
  • other

7 17.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images

Message for the group ( I need feed back)

All right ladies and gents I got a problem and I would like some input from the group.

but first this: I'm slightly disabled (back and general mobility issues), weight (220)about 5'9" I don't camp much but enough to warrant a plausible solution to this issue. Not afraid of DIY (made my own tarp and UQ), and money is an issue

problem: I got a Eno double nest that I cant get comfortable in. I have tried for 2 years to get this to work and still cant get enough/good sleep. I have a tentative plan to convert the Eno to a bridge hammock but not sure if it is worth my time and effort or I should bite the bullet and buy one.

Thoughts??

IMG_0333.jpg

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    The ENO DN is an extremely short hammock. It nearly impossible to get a flat diagonal lie in this hammock. For less than $40 you can pick up a longer alternative from Dutchware. You will be amazed by the difference in comfort you will gain with an extra foot in length.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I have an ENO DN. It was my second hammock... first was a Wal-Mart special. In my opinion, the one from Wal-Mart is better.

I used the ENO a handful of times, and it has sat in a bin ever since. I won't even give it away, because I feel like I'd be doing the recipient a disservice. I'll probably use the material from it for the inside of a quilt or something.

Make or buy a longer hammock, as suggested. You will truly be amazed at the difference in comfort. I don't think I'll ever use a hammock less than 11' again. Not for overnight sleeping, anyway. Lounging, maybe.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    +1 on the 11' from Dutch. For that kind of cash you get a great piece of fabric, designed to be hammock material, made into a hammock, and stuffed into its own sack. You'll be amazed.
    Choose your fabric as you would your mattress. "Stretchier" fabrics equate to softer mattresses. Dutch will assist you.
    Keith

+1 on Dutch Hammock. Dutch 11' Hexon 2.4 is comfy and better quality. Worth more than what you actually pay for.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    +1 on Dutch hammocks

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    To answer your question, I personally would NOT convert it. Dutch sells an 11 ft hammock for $35 dollars. At 5'9, you should be able to get flat and comfortable in this. I believe the Hexon is the softest fabric he offers. Hexon comes in three weights 1.0, 1.6 and 2.4. The 1.0 is rated at 250 lbs. The 1.6 is rated at 350 lbs. The 2.4 is rated at 400 lbs. The Hexon 2.4 will be the closest match to the ENO DN

http://www.dutchwaregear.com/11-ft.-...-hammocks.html

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Converting a gathered end to a bridge is such an enterprise I would not bother. It's not that hard, but you might as well start from scratch for all the time/effort you would put into it. If mobility issues are a problem you may want to look at the Hennessey classic bottom entry hammocks. They show up on the used market fairly frequently and fairly inexpensively. I have mobility issues and the bottom entry is the only hammock I can get out of once I am in. I can manage a bridge, but it's not really worth the effort for me. Just a thought.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AE Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    I tried a couple different gathered end hammocks and never could get comfortable enough to sleep in all night. A bridge is completely different. I've used Warbonnet Ridgerunner and a JRB BMBH and slept comfortably in both. Love them. It is a pretty good investment however.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Do not convert, waste of time.

I have tried several bridge hammocks and just didn't like them, ymmv. Just have to try one to find out.

Suggest a tablecloth with double sheet bends at either end. $10 shipped in the for sale forum or $12-$15 from the vendor. Firm, longish, inexpensive.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast