Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Custom silnylon
    Insulation
    Down UQ, d.i.y TQ
    Suspension
    LoopAlien

praise and a question

my sierra sniveler arrived yesterday, great piece of kit and very well made.....not slept out in it yet but had a quick snooze hung in the workshop (all in the name of science and testing you understand )

I do like this quilt and i'd guess the temp rating is a touch on the conservative side for me. So plenty warm. I did imagine that it would pack down smaller than it does though. So when my bank balance has recovered i might very well go for the Sierra stealth come summer time

So my question is.....does anyone know if the stealth will work as a liner bag for the sniveler for when the temps really drop?
    I realise some loft would be lost from the stealth but i'm thinking the two together would do me for anything this country can throw at me, its quite rare for it to drop below -10*c (14*f)?

Cheers jack and jack..........adam

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sunndog View Post
    So my question is.....does anyone know if the stealth will work as a liner bag for the sniveler for when the temps really drop?
    I realise some loft would be lost from the stealth but i'm thinking the two together would do me for anything this country can throw at me, its quite rare for it to drop below -10*c (14*f)?
    I have found the following blog post from Enlightened Equipment (another quilt manufacturer) very helpful in addressing this issue. The Jacks may weigh in, but I would imagine the results are pretty similar regardless of who makes the quilt. One important factor that the article doesn't fully discuss is the effect of down compression when layering quilts. I'm sure if has an effect, though how much might be better answered by someone with more experience.

Hope this helps!

• + New Posts