[QUOTE=Hedcase;170009]... no major accidents, only some scratches and dirt under fingernails and in the hair The more I watched these kids running around without the overprotective watchful eye of mom saying don't get dirty, don't throw rocks, don't do that, don't do this, the more I realized these kids need a yes weekend!! They did what they wanted to do with a little guidance from dad. We all had a great time! ...[IMG]

Both of my kids and I have participated in the YMCA Indians program since they were 5. These weekends with dad were great for all of us. With my son's group we made the mistake one time of letting one of the moms attend a campout. She about had a heart attack trying to keep the kids ...out of the creeek, in plain sight, not climbing trees, rocks, etc.... Soimetimes its nice just to allow them to run a little wild with few restrictions!

In Pisgah National Forest they love to go to the White Pines primitive camping area. Avery Creek in front of the tent and a mountain behind. Only rule on the boys was stay together and no playing in the fire!

It's nice when mom goes camping with us, but sometimes the boys have just gotta be boys! Enjoy the time and take lots of pictures!

Redbank