Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I use a big Agnes bag w/ the pad pocket & love my cozy system. I'm a side sleeper & I toss & turn for a while before I fall asleep and while I'm waking up in the morning. The pad stays where it belongs.

Charlotte

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    I just got my big Agnes system and cannot wait to try it out. It's pretty cold out there so I'll definitely be able to push its limits. Can't wait for better backpacking weather

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I used to use and still have 2 setups as the wife won't let me get rid of them, 2 of the BA down bags and insulated pads rated for 15 degrees and have to say they worked great to their ratings and were great to pack and use when going to the ground. Still got 3 tents also and my fav. Was a Nemo ul 2 person. Nothing wrong with BA stuff in my book.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    UGQ, E.E.
    On of my hammock buddies has been using the BA Lost ranger and pad set up in his NX250 for a couple years now and swears by it. He can afford an UQ but just loves the sleep he gets with his BA setup.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    I wonder if I'm making a mistake not going straight for the UQ but the mark 2 is designed to go to ground and I ordered the Amok draumr so a pad just makes sense. I bet I end up with 3 or 4 hammocks before long. New hobby + disposable income = empty wallet

Hammock
    Eno Double nest
    Insulation
    DIY pod, Big Agnes
    Suspension
    DIY straps, atlas
    I have two BA sleep systems and I have been really happy with them. Staying on the pad is key and they do the job perfectly. The lowest I have gone in my hammock with my 15F Bag and insulated inflatable pad was 34F and my shoulders definitely got cold from the overhang off the pad and compression of the bag. I'm shopping for underquilt now and know that they are the way to go for me, but the BA system is what I already own so I'm putting it to good use. I'm still planning on using my bag as a top quilt for a while.
    Check out enlightened equipment products. They have some top quilts that have pad attachment points that work with straps to keep the pad attached much like the Big Agnes systems. The EE quilts are lighter and have ton of options for fill weight, temperature rating, length, width, and even fabric color and weight.
    Either way I'm sure you will be happy.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad & PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Straps
    I'm glad I found this thread. I have been looking into the BA system to serve dual purpose of hanging and ground use. My biggest concern was the temp rating because I plan on using their 15 degree bag on the ground down in the lower 20's with an insulated pad.

Hammock
    Chameleon, wbxlc
    Tarp
    Dutch ultralight
    Insulation
    HG 0 underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie, webbing
    I use a Stevenson Warmlite triple down bag which is rated at -20F and i use it in my WBBB XLC with an under quilt. I love the combination, it keeps me warm and can be used for ground camping also. The bag has no insulation on the bottom but a pocket for a pad. The best part is the head/hood setup, It is insulated under your head and you can cinch it together to be a full hood if you want it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12