Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WTB: Custom UQ

  1. #1
    Senior Member Coldspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ozarks
    Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Posts
    545
    Images
    25

    WTB: Custom UQ

    What do you have? I'm open-minded, but have given up on what's commercially available.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    .......given up on what's commercially available.
    Just for the sake of curiousity, why? Inquiring minds want to know.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

  3. #3
    Senior Member Coldspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ozarks
    Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Posts
    545
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Just for the sake of curiousity, why? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Because they all have shortcomings, that's why.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    Because they all have shortcomings, that's why.
    Any gear has its shortcomings. Anything in particular that's let you down? Which commercially made UQ's have you tried?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

  5. #5
    Senior Member KerMegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,479
    Images
    2
    you might try contacting PJgibson /arrowhead eq. about a custom KAQ- since he makes each one I think it could be adjused for your (unstated?) requirments.
    HTH, KM
    Last edited by KerMegan; 11-12-2009 at 09:14. Reason: speelling

  6. #6
    What do you have? I'm open-minded, but have given up on what's commercially available.
    have you talked to Ed about making you a custom underquilt. I do wish he offered more underquilt options than what he does

    Also have you talked to Brandon
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

    There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

  7. #7
    MacEntyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Posts
    7,660
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    I'm open-minded, but have given up on what's commercially available [because they all have shortcomings].
    ...a most puzzling perspective.

    However, when, one day, you say you have acquired a custom UQ without shortcomings, please let us know! I want one too!

    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    .......when.......you say you have acquired a custom UQ without shortcomings, please let us know! I want one too!
    Amen, hallelujia, etc.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

  9. #9
    pgibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,531
    I am curious my self, can you tell us what exactly you want? I am up for experiments. but need at least a list of criteria to base the mental gymnastics off. what hammock, would help some to. most tarp tents don't need under quilts so...

    Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram
    Sign Up for Arrowhead-Equipment Gear News: Click Here

Similar Threads

  1. Custom TQ from UGQ
    By lostagain in forum Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2014, 17:26
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 11:16
  3. FS: Custom HG UQ
    By rip waverly in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 15:22
  4. Custom IX UQ?
    By rjcress in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 03:05
  5. For Sale: Custom Made Stormcrow UQ and a Custom Switchback Hammock
    By Counselor in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 19:09

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •