WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Tarp w/ attached CRL is stuffed into a small, 12"l x 4"d, mesh stuff sack. Hammock suspension, kevlar straps w/ adutchable clips and speedhooks on amsteel leads are rolled up then rolled into 3'x 5' tyvek ground cloth which is slid into mesh bag with tarp. Trying 150# spectra fishing line for guylines which are also bundled and stowed in tyvek but have considered leaving them attached to the tarp. Hanging mostly in Florida I quit carrying stakes last year and just depend on found stakes or tie off to other trees or bushes. Hammock, UQ and TQ are in a compactor bag in the bottom of the pack.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Tarp - all lines are left attached. Side tie outs are each in a Pawn bag to keep them from tangling. Tarp goes in a double-ended stuff sack. End lines with Dutch Flyz are on top at each end for easy deployment. Stakes are in an Arrowhead stake bag (thanks Paul). I loved the stuff sacks that Paul used to make that had an outer pocket for the stakes. When I sold an older tarp, I sold that stuff sack with it. Sure wish I had kept it.

Hammock - hammock & suspension is all in the double ended stuff sack. I use a Dutch biner to attach the suspension to the hammock CLs, so if the straps are super messy, I can detach them.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Tarp - all lines are left attached. Side tie outs are each in a Pawn bag to keep them from tangling. Tarp goes in a double-ended stuff sack. End lines with Dutch Flyz are on top at each end for easy deployment. Stakes are in an Arrowhead stake bag (thanks Paul). I loved the stuff sacks that Paul used to make that had an outer pocket for the stakes. When I sold an older tarp, I sold that stuff sack with it. Sure wish I had kept it.

Hammock - hammock & suspension is all in the double ended stuff sack. I use a Dutch biner to attach the suspension to the hammock CLs, so if the straps are super messy, I can detach them.
    We can always make another hammock bag with pocket....just holler and we can do up anything.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dream Hammock & Warbonnet
    Tarp
    UGQ & Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing W/ Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottybdiving View Post
    This is my method. Stakes go in a seperate diddy bag. Guy lines stay attached to tarp. Tarp stowes inside snakeskin's along with CRL and goes into a stuff sack, along with stakes. It all comes out in reverse. This stuffsack stays in an outside pocket of a backpack, or at the top of my dry bag while on a river. Also while on a river, my UQ and TQ remain on/in my hammock and everything gets stuffed as one unit feet first, into a small dry bag. Then that goes into my large HD dry bag. This gives the hammock and bedding a double layer of dry protection.
    This is what I do also and it has worked well for me.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Tarp lines stay attached and all rolled up, tarp skins pulled on. Stuffed into tarp stuff bag. Xtra guy lines and stakes rolled up in tyvek mailing-envelope-convert-into-roll bag and inside of tarp bag. 4 years and still going strong with no tears, rips or problems.

Hammock, Fronkey bugnet and suspension(straps with ADutchable Clips, Speed Hooks and Amsteel leads) are all inside of Black Bishop Bag. If straps are wet, I will detach Speed Hook from CL on hammock and put in outside pocket of backpack.

The tarp package doesn't get stuffed into the backpack, it stays outside the pack, under the hood to keep all else inside the pack dry. No worries trying to compress it inside the pack for more space. No worries trying to keep the stakes from poking anything.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Straps are attached to hammock, and only get removed from the cinch buckles if they are soakung wet. Guylines are attached to tarp and do not get removed. Hammick is stowed in pack, tarp in its own bag outside of pack. I dont use tent stakes.
    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service
    My Trail log: http://ducttapeadk.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Thanks all! Plenty of ideas to draw from here!!
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DIY Multicam /DIY Argon1.6
    Tarp
    CaveCreekPonderosa
    Insulation
    CaveCreekQuilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Tarp goes in snakeskin with ridgeline/guy lines attached.
    Stakes go in the stake organizer
    IMG_6584.jpg

Hammock
    Clark
    Stakes have a separate stuff sack for me. Allows to compress everything else better and keeps everything clean.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast