Hi All,

I'm a new guy here, and to hammock camping as well (I don't have one yet, even, haven't picked). Parden my ignorance, that I march to a different drumroll a bit, and perhaps my impractical aims, but here it goes. I am interested in whether anybody also happens to be a tree climber and camps up in the trees? Beyond the added fun of climbing, when available, I just like the potential safety from wildlife and actually being able to blend into the environment better (privacy, and actually in everyone's favor) when I am out.

I plan on taking extended trips into the Rockies regardless of season, though of course, gearing differently for each season. As well, in winter the higher hang wouldn't be necessary.

The thing is, most hammock makers do not suggest this type of activity. The hammocks are not set up for the type of safety gear one might wisely use 30' or more off the forest floor. This can be mitigated by customizing the hammocks (as simply as using bungie cords or other binders, to fully or partially net the occupant, all the way to building ones own hammock and really planning the design.

So, at this point, I am looking at all the options out there, and to put it bluntly, it is overwhelming. It would be easier to just ask this question from the hammock users like yourselves, and maybe get a few ideas. Even if no one has done this, some of the rock face sleepers might have a few tips. Oh, and I looked at a tree boat, but I don't think that would work for anything below 60 or 70 or long term regular use, and I am not too sure about it's wind tolerance.

I do plan to buy either the Hennesy or Clark, big and tall size, to experiment with here in Iowa. Get's cold enough I can figure some of that out, but the tree thing has me stumped. I just haven't seen anything about that.

Thanks.