Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Enlightened Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    P.S. Here is the link to the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=455476834

Hammock
    WBRR, Eno double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Winter Lynx
    For summer i usually just use a sleeping bag that goes down to 30.
    Spring and fall I will use the bag and a full length pad. Sometimes if it is colder I put on my WB spindrift sock. If it is going to get below about 30 then I put on my full length winter Lynx. Winter I have everything on, maybe even an extra sleeping bag as a makeshift TQ
    Doctors should prescribe hammocks for stress relief

Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Enlightened Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Sub, I saw you posted in a thread about hammocking with your motorcycle, I DEFINITELY want to do this. Can you suggest any locations that work good in Wisco or surrounding area for it? Or are you just using parks and stuff? I had originally purchased a backpacking tent that fits in my saddlebag, but now that I've started down the Hammock path, I think I will go that route! I'm looking to lay down a lot more sections of the Ice Age Trail next year with my wife, depending on if the dog is coming or not would be a factor if we can take the bike or now... although, I'm not sure our packs would work on the bike... I need a trailer hitch! I have access to a nice trailer for my Harley and that would be freaking ideal!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Tree Strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Barren23 View Post
    Sub, I saw you posted in a thread about hammocking with your motorcycle, I DEFINITELY want to do this. Can you suggest any locations that work good in Wisco or surrounding area for it? Or are you just using parks and stuff? I had originally purchased a backpacking tent that fits in my saddlebag, but now that I've started down the Hammock path, I think I will go that route! I'm looking to lay down a lot more sections of the Ice Age Trail next year with my wife, depending on if the dog is coming or not would be a factor if we can take the bike or now... although, I'm not sure our packs would work on the bike... I need a trailer hitch! I have access to a nice trailer for my Harley and that would be freaking ideal!
    A few times I took $100 and hit the road with no destination - for a weekend. I used a camp site one night and a public piece of land the 2nd night. Was freaking awesome. Packed very light - rain gear, change of clothes, cook stove, little food/water, hammock/tarp, sleeping bag/pad - and that was about it! I didn't incorporate any hinking. That trip was more about the ride - and I don't get many free weekends; with my wife being a photographer and few sitters I am often home with the kids on the weekend. Other trips took me to far northern wisco, Southern wisco, door county and around lake michigan. Love being on the bike! That prolly wasn't much help but all the times I have taken bike trips I have gone solo - and just hit the road!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG WB
    Images
    I use a HG 0* Incubator and a 20* Burrow. I mostly camp/backpack in spring and fall when temperatures can change fast. I am a very cold sleeper and like the insurance of more insulation when I am miles away from my car or civilization. I have yet to be cold at night. I am very happy with my HG quilts. When I get more for the rest of the family I will definitely go back to HG. But I am sure the other vendors on here would be great too. I had thought of getting quilts from Warbonnet, because I am very happy with my WBBB and Superfly. I just like the idea of a full length quilt because my feet are ice cold at night.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S Argon SL 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey Barren...I did a motorcycle hammock trip around Lake Superior in late August. Started in Munising and went all the way around. Hung mostly in campgrounds, but did public (maybe?) land one night. All my hammock gear easily fit into only 1 saddlebag....with a little room to spare. Clothes, camping gear, etc. in the other. I didn't wear a pack cuz it was about the ride, but I did some scenic day hiking at the various parks. FWIW, I have worn my Kelty Redcloud 90 with over 30 lbs of gear on the bike though. It is not ideal, but with the right positioning, It just kind of sits behind me and I forget its even there. So it can be done if needed.
    Besides that, I head up to the UP every year for a motorcycle camping trip. There are a lot of places to camp. Check out the Porcupines, Pictured Rocks, or any of the "touristy" spots like the Apostle Islands. If you want some more info, just PM me.

BTW, sorry to hijack.

Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Enlightened Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Thanks for the info!

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    DIY 120 x 80
    Insulation
    JRB UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have four JRB Quilts. A Winters Nest, a Shenandoah, and two Hudson River. They work well fall through spring, but they are far too warm for summer use.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have 8 quilts from JRB. 3 old rag mountains, 2 Hudson rivers, 2 Shenandoahs and a greylock 3. I have all these as all 4 of my family hammock camp year round. Me, wife, 9yo boy and 7yo girl. I know a thing or two about versatility. This is what I would do if I were you.

Buy an old rag mountain as your winter underquilt. Buy a Shenandoah to double up with your sleeping bag for winter camping. In the summer have your Shenandoah be your underquilt and use your sleeping bag or just a blanket as top insulation. Later down the road buy a dedicated underquilt from anywhere for winter camping and use your old rag mountain as your winter topquilt. Only gotcha is make sure the JRB underquilt/topquilt line will work with your wbbb (I just don't know the answer offhand). This is the kind of stuff we have done for years as we have been hanging for more than 10 years. I have not had to sell a quilt yet as they still work and we continue to get our money's worth out of them.

Just my two cents. HYOH!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345