Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Greylock 3 Hudson
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Very cool of Mikkel to have this offer to support scouting. I just wish I had 10 scouts interested in hammocking.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    that's one heck of a deal!! I have the 2.0 and the 3.0. there is a significant difference between the two, BUT, the 2.0 is a high quality item to begin with. you can't go wrong with the 2.0, especially at this price. the basic design and body of the 2.0 is the same as the 3.0. the key differences are the material used for the bug netting and some minor, but nice, mods, such as the shock cord at the head to open up the head space more. for scouts, the 2.0 would work perfectly fine. i was perfectly content with the 2.0. if you can, you should. it's an awesome piece of gear. as for the pads needed, ask around your local outfitters and see if you can work out a deal. exped is a wonderful company, maybe shoot them an email explaining the need for pads. from a marketing point of view, they'd be kindling brand loyalty into a new generation of out doors enthusiasts. Hit up the local REI and see if there is a deal that can be worked out for getting pads for the Amoks. Again, emphasize helping the scouts and promoting brand loyalty. Make them understand why it would would be mutually beneficial. hope this helps.
    Last edited by JmBoh; 12-23-2015 at 12:46.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    that's one heck of a deal!! I have the 2.0 and the 3.0. there is a significant difference between the two, BUT, the 2.0 is a high quality item to begin with. you can't go wrong with the 2.0, especially at this price. the basic design and body of the 2.0 is the same as the 3.0. the key differences are the material used for the bug netting and some minor, but nice, mods, such as the shock cord at the head to open up the head space more. for scouts, the 2.0 would work perfectly fine. i was perfectly content with the 2.0. if you can, you should. it's an awesome piece of gear. as for the pads needed, ask around your local outfitters and see if you can work out a deal. exped is a wonderful company, maybe shoot them an email explaining the need for pads. from a marketing point of view, they'd be kindling brand loyalty into a new generation of out doors enthusiasts. Hit up the local REI and see if there is a deal that can be worked out for getting pads for the Amoks. Again, emphasize helping the scouts and promoting brand loyalty. Make them understand why it would would be mutually beneficial. hope this helps.
    Love that perspective, much appreciated.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12