Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle

How watching Shug videos has enabled you.

Aside from the entertainment value, and some basic hammock hanging knowledge, how have Shug videos affected you?

I'll go first. Shug vids inspired me to make my own Fancee Feast stove (which is now my goto stove), he got me to put self-tensioning lines on my tarp, got me tieing marlinspikes in my guy lines, got me eating fruitcake and spam on hiking trips, and now I'm just about to start videoing my own adventures.

Keep it up!
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Well other than his personality, being a natural performer, and having a sense of humor I enjoy, the shug vids help me vicariously get through the winter. I live up here for the love of the area and he has the same passion for this corner of the world. I don't quite have winter skills yet and nowhere near the right type of gear beyond day snowshoe hikes/skiing. It helps keep me sane for the time of the year I can't get out much. I get to revisit the same trails I've tread upon through his experience. The other thing that keeps my fire lit is planning the next years trips, so as I'm writing this, I'm playing his three part Border Route series as excellent ambiance while I strategize. Plus always the side benefit that it's better than most crap on tv.

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Quilts
    Suspension
    All of Them

How watching Shug videos has enabled you.

shuggity shug who speaks in the third person makes so many great video and the things I've taken away from them are 1. making my own cook stove. 2. looking for foreign candy bars and treats online. 3. getting out and doing more winter hanging. and the big #4 "Oh I got a good boil going, I love a good boil" speaking like carl. thanks shug love your video man.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.6 Hex's
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco TQ/UQ + sock
    Suspension
    Dutch bling
    I think that Shug has probably saved me hundreds of dollars. A number of his vids have helped me to avoid excessive buy-and-try situations.

OTOH, I just spent 250.00 on 2 pairs of Outdoor Research Cirque pants, since I refuse to acknowledge winter and continue to brush bash. Maybe I should send Shug the bill.

He is a great ambassador for both the outdoors, as well as hanging. We are lucky to have him.

Shug Shug Shuggity Shug rocks !
    There is a big difference between warm enough not to die and warm enough to be comfortable. - Grumpy Squatch

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4, GTSB, 11' DIY
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah 12 Clone
    Insulation
    Costco TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Shug's videos have given me the desire to get back to the "piney" woods after a lot of years of not being there. Thank you Sean.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Entertainment & refresher's on hammock knowledge is the reason I watch Shug videos. I like the way he uses his skills to convey his passion & knowledge of hiking & hanging. My favorite are the Hickory Brothers. There's nothing like being in the woods with good friends.

Hammock
    WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg
    Shug is as close to a real life Obi-Wan as there will ever be. Shug should never be too hard on himself when he falters in any aspect of life. The important thing is to keep trying to be a great person. Shug should try to remember without the lowpoints of life the highs wouldn't have the same ring to 'em.

Shug and his videos shook me out of one of the deepest and longest funks I had yet to experience ever in my life at the time.
    He got me to challenge my disabilities, and begin to overcome and even heal some of them.

Shug saved me endless amounts of energy, time and money sharing his vast piney woods knowledge.
    He taught me my first knots, got me to make a catcan stove as well, informed my purchases on marlinspikes, tarp setups, winter tips, HG, Warbonnet, Dutch, Gossamer Gear, Ula, 2QZQ, Hammock Forums, as well as others, and how to make some amazing BBQ!

I really respect how he goes out of his way to connect with people, takes time to educate constantly, and finds a way to relate to the youngest children to the oldest adults. All while being quite entertaining!

I have said it before, and I will say it again.
    Thank you O Venerable Shugi-Wan Kenobi, you renewed my faith in humanity, and showed me the path to quiet the senses enough to allow my positive inner voice to guide me again.

I hope this doesn't come across as over the top or cheesey to you guys, but it is coming from the heart, and the question was asked. And honestly I don't care who knows it. I have bought hammocks for the people who are closest to me trying to give them a piece of what I experience but they just don't get it.
    But I do.
    “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
    ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft Hex1.0
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    whoopie hooks
    Its not boring to watch the same video more than once. And as my knowledge and experience grows, so does the amount of information I am able to get from them.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    We have considered properly reclassifying Shug, his videos, AND Dutch as major Hammock Gateway Thugs.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Dutch 11 Single Nylon
    Tarp
    cuben
    Insulation
    40* down, full.
    Suspension
    Dyneema straps.
    they are very common in my house. i like to leave them playing in the background when i'm piddling about.

GREAT set of work. all of it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast