Hammeck Envy
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter 12'
    Insulation
    PappyAmos Special
    Suspension
    Dutchware Spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Forget about no insulation - the Clark is a winter hammock like my cat is a winter hammock.
    LOL!!!! so true. I'm a very cold sleeper, and don't take ANY hammock less than 65f without insulation. {There was a long, undeserved rant that I deleted from here, in edit. Back to the pertinent stuff!!!!}

Your WBBB is probably the most popular hammock on the forum. If it's not, then it's close. There is a reason for that. It's awesome. If you've done a winter in your WBBB, and it was comfortable...then rock what you got.....................unless it failed you in some way. That being said......

I use my TX-250 for deep winter hangs (January/February) only. It has a smaller distance between my belly button, and the "weather shield". Meaning it has a smaller "slumber box"...."slumber space"..."slumber area"?...........which dimension should be used here?. Anyway, the Clark hammocks have a very small sleep chamber (nm, I found it!, Sleep Chamber), which is why I use the TX-250 for temps below 30f. Again, I use insulation below 65f.

I got a TX model because it allows me to vent the inside from the head, and keep the rest of my body under a windproof, solid cover. Thermodynamics class.

If the WBBB has done well for you so far..................don't change your hammock unless you are having problems with it. The Clark does have a bullet proof material, and it's fantastic design. It's a great hammock, but if you're happy with what you have........then rock it. There is no "one hammock solution" for everyone. Your buddy found his "one hammock solution" in the Clark, you might have hound yours in the WBBB.

Rock your shizz, bro. Rock it like you're the only one who has that setup. Rock your shizz hard, rock your shizz with pride.
    Maturity makes the mind grow older.

Hammock
    Wbbb, BMBH, Clark nx270, wbrr,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB webbing, python
    I have the Clark 250 and the blackbird, among others. The Clark is my favorite. I keep the zliner in year round. In warm weather, I use the blackbird or ridgerunner. I've taken the clark down to about 45 with the zliner. It was fine, but I always have a jarbidge or a yeti that I can add that gets me down to freezing. For deep cold, I use my 0 degree incubator. I've never been cold. My wife uses the ridgerunner with the ridge creek or the 0 Lynx and has been fine down to the 20s. All that being said, we strictly car camp these days. If I could only have one, it would be the Clark.
    Also, the pockets are great, but not for insulation. They add nothing in my opinion.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I would love to see some pics of your under quilts attached to the NX-250. I'm shopping for a full length underquit now. I agree with what others have said. The pockets are great but useless for insulation (unless you stuff them).

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    UGQ, E.E.
    All right guys. I took y'alls advise and borrowed a friends NX-250. Set it up and slept out last night in the back yard. Temps got down around 30* last night around here. Used and HG 20* Incubator full length UQ and UGQ 25* (30* plus over stuff) TQ. Gotta be honest, I might be sold on the NX-250. I slept REALLY well and warm. Throughout the night, I switched easily between side and back sleeping and the UQ seemed tailor made to fit. Looks like I've got quite a decision to make. I'll try and post picks soon if I can figure out how.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    UGQ, E.E.
    Here you go. Now I cant get my boy out of it.IMG_0354.JPGIMG_0353.JPG

Hammock
    Tropical Ultra, Mark2, NX-270
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I'm selling my tent, LOL Get it and get camo . I don't hunt just want to look cool.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Hanger View Post
    I'm selling my tent, LOL Get it and get camo . I don't hunt just want to look cool.
    Which model clark is this in the picture? An NX-270? Thanks!

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Insulation
    Clark Z Liner
    I have an NX270 and I would say at 65 degrees my back gets cold in spots. Enough that it effects my sleep. I actually find that my Mark 2 sleeps warmer because the bottom material doesn't allow as much (if any) air through. My eno sleeps the coldest.

If you are going whole hog with UQ and TQ then pretty much all of them will sleep fairly that said I love my Clark's and the hoops. It's like having a little suspended pod. I am driving to Argentina and working, so it's nice to be able to bring my laptop in and work, and just hang out protected from the bugs.

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    That's the TX-270

Hammock
    Tropical Ultra, Mark2, NX-270
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    It is the tx-250 old model, same as the tx-270.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12