Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Have you tried pulling them towards the outside? On the first photo you pulled towards center as you mentioned, and the second has them pulled straight.

I have a diy 11x10 rectangle that I use regularly. I find when I pitch with doors like your first photo I pull the middle tie outs to the outside at around 45degrees. This normally gets it nice and tight, because I'm pulling everything away from center, and therefore tensioning against itself.

I've even found when I pitch standard A-frame like your second photo that if I use the inside pull outs I'm still pulling them towards the outside for maximum tension. I've even been known to pull them to the corner stakes for just a little more tensioning on a windy night.

A chinook won't stretch as much as my silpoly, but you should still be able to get it tighter. I've pitched my Noah 12 that way pretty tight, and it's a similar fabric.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Thats exactly how i have them staked right now, outward toward the ends of the tarp like you suggested. Maybe its my ridgeline.

1451770565012-657076411.jpg

This is about as tight as i can get it. Ive pulled on the guys aboit as much as i can. Im actually using a 2:1 truckers type hitch because the prusiks i was using kept bonding and i couldnt get it tighter.. i think alot of my issues come from my hanging rig. Theres still alot of give in this system. Tightening the tarp essentially pulls everything inward a little i think.
    Last edited by robv60; 01-02-2016 at 16:39.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123