Hammock
    ENO Double
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Any interest in a thread for feedback?

I belong to a forum where there is a lot of buying and selling. On that forum we have threads for both positive and negative sales feedback. I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea since most of the stuff sold here is pretty high dollar. I'm sure the negative feedback thread would never need use with these upstanding citizens on the board. it's nice to see some good feedback before you send someone you don't know $200.

Dom

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Unnecessary.

If we ever had a dishonest person take advantage of a person on this forum, we'd find out about it fairly quickly. A lot of folks here insist on using paypal to purchase cottage made gear because paypal offers a solution for buyer protection.

Anyone who has been given a subsection of the forum has pretty much been deemed trustworthy because they've earned their reputation.

If you're worried about for sale threads and getting scammed, insist on paypal and use their escrow service. Another safe alternative is using a USPS money order. If you purchase something with a USPS money order and never receive the goods, you can file a claim, get your money back and the USPS will handle dealing with the the guy who committed mail fraud.

For some of the larger sites where hundreds of transactions happen on a daily basis, I can understand the necessity, but here we're a small group. Buy from people who've been here for long enough to make a few dozen posts.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I would agree with Ful on this one...there is no need for this here...
    one thing you will learn this site is not like others...lots of good ppl
    but like Ful said use PP or USPS money order if you dont trust anyone
    this way you are covered...but to be honest i don't think you should worry
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    I think most of the swapping happens behind the scenes.

I like buying stuff from HF members, I usually get some little included extra that I would never bother to buy otherwise. I've never been ripped by anyone on this forum, although I've had a few bad occurrences on an ultralight site.

I know of some sporting goods forums that have a hall of shame stickied at the top of the for sale subforum.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB lightweight Dbl - Blue
    Tarp
    Warbonnet MiniFly
    Insulation
    3 Season Wookie
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Whoopies
    Images
    I was a bit weary buying on here at first also, and i've purchased quite a bit. everyone has been more than helpful in responding in a timely friendly fashion. and better yet. people check up on you to make sure you got what you paid for... this site is trustworthy...

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I'm a member of a forum that uses a feedback system. It's a LARGE forum and feedback like that is warranted, if not needed considering how much stuff goes through the FS forum.

I don't think we are anywhere near the point to where we need a feedback system. Besides, we got a pretty awesome group of people here. An online community like few others I've seen. In a good way of course.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I set my own rules and wouldn't buy something from a person that hasn't been a member for at least 6 months with a least 100 post. That way I can get a feel for the person I am buying from.

• + New Posts