So, I got a bunch of Amsteel from the Texas Group buy and was thinking on which type of new fangled cool-kid suspension to make. I wanted the weight advantage and cost savings of the UCR but I wanted the close coupledness of the Whoopie Sling. So I decided to use the UCR with 10" burys. I figured if a 10" bury was good enough for a Whoopie it should be good enough for UCR; I just needed a way to make the whole thing grip in a way that didn't require a bunch of extra knots to forget.
Amsteel is the first really High tech line I have played with, although I have played with the UCR and Whoopie concept in other, less celebrated, cordage.
First, I made the UCR bury different than normal. I tried to get as much as I could from the cord without waste so I ran the suspension cord through the middle and whipped it, like you see here. It is ugly but it holds, the other way is much nicer and only uses another 5 inches or so; I recommend the other way.
Here is the Hennessey rewrap. I just tied the end like the stock Hennessey.
Now on to the DIY Speer. I used the Frawg Toggles for this one, just in case I ever need to add an adjustable ridgeline.
Here you can see the whipping I used to keep the constrictor tight. It is just tight enough to keep the constrictor from sloughing but loose enough to slide easily. The other whip is to hold the dead eye bury.