Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF/MF
    Insulation
    Wookie/Burrow
    Suspension
    Jeff Myers

Burrow length

I want to order a Burrow 20 soon and I'm thinking about getting the short version. I saw a video and the guy said he was 6' and he had a short model and had no issues with it. I'm 5'8" so it seems like I should be ok. With the regular model it seems like I would have much more than need.
    I'm also trying to save a few dollars.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    I have a burrow 0 and 20 both over stuffed 2 oz (1 oz body, 1 oz footbox) in short length, and at 5'7" I can easily put the burrow over my head while laying in my hammock.

my foot is snug against the footbox, so if you're planning to store stuff down there as some people do, then you may want to consider a regular length.

in terms of cost, by going short, I was able to add the 2 oz over stuff and the price came out close to what a regular would have been without overstuff.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I am just under 6' and I use the regular HG TQ. It comes up to just about my forehead. I find it to be the perfect length. Esp. for my 20 TQ and 0 TQ I like that bit of extra length to cover up with or really be able to seal myself up aroudn my neck. I could see using a shorter TQ in the warmer months but the last think I want is to feel like I am trying to pull my TQ up over my and not have enough TQ. A lot of it is perfference. As for saving money by buying a shorter TQ, thats never been a consideration for me, by the time I get around to buying a high priced piece of gear, I wait till I save up to buy what I need and want even if I have to wait. But thats just me. Good luck on your decison on what to purchase.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Several DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Inc. 20/Bur. 30
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I also think this is also about preference.
    Something to have in mind is how long the TQ feels also depends on the hammock. If you lay like a banana (arc) the TQ will feel longer but if you lay on a flat surface it will be shorter.
    If you get the chance try one for seize before you buy. My advice is if in doubt buy longer. You cannot add length to the TQ if it’s too short and you will regret it.

I got a 30° snap model last year (there is a difference). They claim a regular fits a person up to 6 feet. I am just over 6 feet and I was very much in doubt and I did not have a chance to test so I ordered a custom length (regular + 2”) because the long version was too long. I absolutely love the seize. I can just pull it over my head if I want and that is the way I like it. It is perfect for me.
    When it’s a 20° I assume you expect to go out in cold weather and then in my mind it’s nice to know it can cover everything from head to toe just in case but it’s just me.
    If there is nothing left to learn it’s time to die.
    Live and learn.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF/MF
    Insulation
    Wookie/Burrow
    Suspension
    Jeff Myers
    I just got my Burrow. I got a 20* with no overstuff. It's orange on the outside and red on the inside. I got the standard length, and I'm glad I did. I think the short would have been too short. At 5'8", it comes up to about the top of my head. I think it's perfect.
    I love the color, and of course the craftsmanship is impressive. I haven't used it outside yet.
    I'm going to use it with a 20* Phoenix and don't plan on going below 20*, but I think I would be warm at 15*.
    I'll post pictures later for anyone considering the colors I have, including my UQ.

Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    congrats on the purchase. I was curious, does it come up to top of your head while laying in a hammock or on the ground?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF/MF
    Insulation
    Wookie/Burrow
    Suspension
    Jeff Myers
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    congrats on the purchase. I was curious, does it come up to top of your head while laying in a hammock or on the ground?
    Thanks!
    In the hammock, it comes maybe 2 inches over my head. On the ground, to the top of my forehead.
    Get a little more out of it in the hammock. I can completely cover my head in the hammock with enough room to where it doesn't feel tight around my feet or legs. I'm fairly thin though at 145#

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF/MF
    Insulation
    Wookie/Burrow
    Suspension
    Jeff Myers
    IMG_4207.jpgIMG_4206.jpgIMG_4209.jpg
    I wanted to show these colors outside to get as good an image as I could. I couldn't find many pictures of these colors when I looked. They look good in the picture, but look much better in person. The red is much deeper in person. I really like these colors and might use them on a new hammock.

IMG_4213.jpgIMG_4217.jpg
    The UQ is Dark Olive Green. It comes across a little brown in the pictures, but in person it is a very nice green color. The inside is just black. When I ordered it, I didn't realize that there was an option for the inside color.
    Last edited by BigVillage; 01-31-2016 at 13:12.

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    xenon/bonded/RecWi
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I have a reg, wide, I'm 5'11''. I covers my head laying flat on a bed, In a hammock it's perfect due to a slight bow in the lay of the hammock. Im a side, stomach sleeeper and I sleep on both sides so the wide comes into play, esp on a flat surface. I typically sleep with the cord sinched but the top unsnapped if I'm not confy yet and gonna toss and turn over. If you sleep on your stomach I suggest to go a little bigger if you plan to keep it snapped up and sinched around the neck. If I were to order a new one, I would get the draw cord offset by 35% away from center on either side or a sewn in pocket shaped like a hour glass to stuff the cord in while sinched where ever it is (cause it's in my face and bothers me some ) and a extra baffle sewn in after the cinch so there is a rounder puffy edge slightly over stuffed kinda like the coller on the incubator. As for cost vs. comfort, If your shelling out for custom gear don't skimp on the final outcome or you will be doing it again costing you more in the long run or living with your decision.003.jpg011.jpg005.jpg020.jpg
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

• + New Posts