Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainwilderness365 View Post
    It's our xlt line

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I don't want to seem too thick, but I don't see xlt on your site that took some investigating to find. You might want to update your signature. It's hard to find what I'm looking for

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lar
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/ doors
    Insulation
    CRO
    Suspension
    Dutchware,MyersTec
    Based on this thread, I am correct to assume that the customer service issues MWG was having about a year ago have been resolved? Everyone has been having good experiences Spring/Summer of 2017? Just got a quote from them, and it's significantly lower than anyone else, so I just want to make sure that I'm not making a mistake by ordering from them (three sides of the triangle, good, cheap, fast, after all).
    Thanks for insights.

Hammock
    DIY 11'
    Tarp
    MWG Monster
    Insulation
    AHE UQ/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    various types
    I personally ordered about a year ago now. I am very pleased with the quality of the product I received, and the price I paid for it. There is a little lead time with any vendor that is smaller and custom making things so expect that. Plus I don't think this a full time thing for Charlie so that adds to things. That said my experience with MWG has been positive. I should note I have a Monster Tarp from him and it's a great piece of gear.
    "I used to be an eagle a good old eagle too . . ."

Senior Member mountainwilderness365's Avatar
    Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    New models in affect soon

Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    Just a few heading out

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I order an Amok tarp from MWG last fall. The tarp came and I REALLY liked the Marpat silpoly material:
    MountainWildernessMarpatAmokTarp_8.jpg

I was assuming since it was an "Amok" it would be oriented to have the ridge line the short axis like for the amok Draumr, Exped Ergo, and Hammocktent 90 degree. However, it didn't have ridge line pull outs on the short axis and I contacted Charlie about this. He insisted I send the tarp back and he would add the short axis pullouts. He even sent me pictures of it finished. BUT, THE TARP NEVER CAME BACK AND EMAILING CHARLIE REGARDING THIS WAS UNFRUITFUL. Finally gave up and counted it a lesson learned and a total loss. I also sent him the measurements for a custom tarp patterned after the Hammocktent specific tarp, but that never came to fruition either.

Charlie seemed like a nice enough fellow in our phone conversations and I really am not about to get bent out of shape over a silly hammock tarp. Just ain't worth it and I don't like to alienate folks when there could be a plausible explanation I'm not aware of.

Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    I order an Amok tarp from MWG last fall. The tarp came and I REALLY liked the Marpat silpoly material:
    MountainWildernessMarpatAmokTarp_8.jpg

I was assuming since it was an "Amok" it would be oriented to have the ridge line the short axis like for the amok Draumr, Exped Ergo, and Hammocktent 90 degree. However, it didn't have ridge line pull outs on the short axis and I contacted Charlie about this. He insisted I send the tarp back and he would add the short axis pullouts. He even sent me pictures of it finished. BUT, THE TARP NEVER CAME BACK AND EMAILING CHARLIE REGARDING THIS WAS UNFRUITFUL. Finally gave up and counted it a lesson learned and a total loss. I also sent him the measurements for a custom tarp patterned after the Hammocktent specific tarp, but that never came to fruition either.

Charlie seemed like a nice enough fellow in our phone conversations and I really am not about to get bent out of shape over a silly hammock tarp. Just ain't worth it and I don't like to alienate folks when there could be a plausible explanation I'm not aware of.
    Email mountainwildernessgear@gmail
    I don't have old email address and u didn't receive it?

Hammock
    Mountain Wilderness Gear
    Tarp
    Monster Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggle
    Sending another and amok demo. I'm sorry it's been like this but sent both back and swapped email soon after to new email. Making new fly so get ready and I'll track who signed for other 2.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    See what I mean. We apparently have a plausible explanation: Lost in the mail. Charlie, I will PM you with my new address, email, and phone number.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    MWG Green Monster
    Insulation
    Golite/UGQ Zep
    It has been raining and storming here almost every day since the start of June. Trying to find a decent day to hang has been a challenge. Wednesday week I was having withdrawals and the forecast looked good. Hourly showed 10 to 15% chance of rain all night into the next day with a light breeze of 2 to 3 MPH. I decided to set up in the back yard. Around 5 PM a dark cloud came out of nowhere and we had a rain and wind event of biblical proportions. My rain gauge had 4 inches of rain in under an hour and the wind was unbelievable. I looked out the back door and saw my rig getting beat to death. Before I could get the door open my tarp was ripped. I contacted Charlie over the weekend to price a new Monster tarp. While we were talking he suggested I send him a pic to see if my tarp could be repaired instead of buying a new tarp. I did and he said send it in for repair at a considerable savings over buying new. I mailed it on Monday and on Saturday I received a brand new Monster tarp. I was excited when he told me that I could repair my old tarp vs spending the money to have to replace it. This was amazing to me. I, for one am very impressed with the customer service he displayed. I've had my Green Monster for about 2 years and have enjoyed it greatly. This will keep me as a customer for any needs in the future.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617