Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How in tarnation can you sleep with all those cloths on? I am doing good if once in a while I have to wear a t-shirt usually I sleep in short pants at home an at cabin. In Alaska when we had to sleep outside in just out sleeping bag, poncho, polly pad all I slept in was my underwear and was nice and toastie.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Thanks for taking the time/effort in sharing your vast experience - I always learn something new. Looks like that fleece face mask you showed will be my next DIY project - it should solve my cold nose issue (I frost nipped my nose last winter). I think most cold feet issues can be fixed by drying those damp sweaty feet and wearing loose dry socks and a warm hat. Old saying - if your feet are cold, put on a hat.
    Thanks again.
    I treasure that mask.

Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    "tell your wife you've got to get out there..." Done! Good advice.
    It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
    I really appreciate your videos. I live in Kansas and it gets cold here, 0 to -10, for a spell but there's no way for me to experience the temps you have up there. It's kinda fun for me to check things off as you go down the list and kind of see where I'm at by comparison. To be honest I did pretty well with just a couple of holes to fill. Thanks again Shug, you da man !!!
    Whoooooo Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by grhughes View Post
    Entertaining and informative as usual. Thanks for doing these as you really are an asset to us new hangers. Where in the world did you find wool socks that big?
    I have had those socks for 20 years. United Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1960 View Post
    How in tarnation can you sleep with all those cloths on? I am doing good if once in a while I have to wear a t-shirt usually I sleep in short pants at home an at cabin. In Alaska when we had to sleep outside in just out sleeping bag, poncho, polly pad all I slept in was my underwear and was nice and toastie.
    If I take all of them off....I gotta put them all back on.
    Like I said, we all do what works for us.
    You Alaskans are a different breed I reckon.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Great vid Shug
    Big plus on saying do what works for you....I think everyone needs to test test test and test some more to work out and evolve there own system of layering and warmth to meet there needs.
    I am moving my whole layering system to wool, down, then cotton as a outer shell(whether on me by day or over the Hammock by night in cold temps)
    The importance of being dry and or moving ones moisture to atmosphere is critical to staying warm.
    I am tickled pink at how well wool works for me as synthetics have performed miserably on me. Add down into the mix and it is just impressive how well it all works as a system.
    I just have to work on keeping my nose warm in falling temps. Been using Shugs thinking but using a wool and a neoprene face mask, but I may have to get more creative using a custom wool mask of sorts.
    For the feet, wool socks are my saviour hands down. My feet sweat and wool is being awesome at moving that moisture away to atmosphere.

And plus 1 on those True North Mukluks there Shug. Mukluks or Winter Moccasins are the bomb....again all about moving moisture to atmosphere

Keep up the great work/testing/vids Shug!!
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien #3000
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    MYOG Whoopies
    Got me my very own Black Rock off Massdrop

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Thanks Shug! Really appreciate your willingness to share and teach. Taking copious notes...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Tell us about them mukluks.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrgi View Post
    Great vid Shug
    Big plus on saying do what works for you....I think everyone needs to test test test and test some more to work out and evolve there own system of layering and warmth to meet there needs.
    I am moving my whole layering system to wool, down, then cotton as a outer shell(whether on me by day or over the Hammock by night in cold temps)
    The importance of being dry and or moving ones moisture to atmosphere is critical to staying warm.
    I am tickled pink at how well wool works for me as synthetics have performed miserably on me. Add down into the mix and it is just impressive how well it all works as a system.
    I just have to work on keeping my nose warm in falling temps. Been using Shugs thinking but using a wool and a neoprene face mask, but I may have to get more creative using a custom wool mask of sorts.
    For the feet, wool socks are my saviour hands down. My feet sweat and wool is being awesome at moving that moisture away to atmosphere.

And plus 1 on those True North Mukluks there Shug. Mukluks or Winter Moccasins are the bomb....again all about moving moisture to atmosphere

Keep up the great work/testing/vids Shug!!
    That fleece mask on my face is soft and nice. It is very thick fleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
    Got me my very own Black Rock off Massdrop
    Your noggin thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Thanks Shug! Really appreciate your willingness to share and teach. Taking copious notes...
    Well.....I keep getting asked about this. It varies for everyone but just wanted to show the options.

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Tell us about them mukluks.
    True North Boots from Empire Canvas. Been in line a year and a half waiting for him to make them again.....http://empirecanvasworks.com/truenorthboots.htm
    Last edited by Shug; 01-21-2016 at 17:31.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock- 10' Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG 20*Burrow/Incub
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    Images
    Another awesome video Sir Shug, I use similar clothes just not as much here in Texas. So keep up the good work old knowledgable one, we patiently await your next masterpiece. Rick..

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Good stuff Shugman.. It seems to me you have been sayin you are 57 for a few years now?....lol
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick68 View Post
    Another awesome video Sir Shug, I use similar clothes just not as much here in Texas. So keep up the good work old knowledgable one, we patiently await your next masterpiece. Rick..
    Do you sleep in a cowboy hat? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    Good stuff Shugman.. It seems to me you have been sayin you are 57 for a few years now?....lol
    Well....maybe I done made more videos at that age.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast