Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock + MWUQ ???

In attaching a MWUQ to a BMBH i used a microbiner at each corner connecting quilt to hammock-with NO bungies.....one only one end I connected the 'pull up cord' to the apex ring of the webbing---does this seem right?
    I had gaps along the sides near the top of the hammock before I connected the pull up cord to the apex.
    How do others connect the two?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    are you creating your own UQ suspension or trying to use the one the Jacks provide? If using the suspension the jacks provide follow the directions
    1.''Fold the suspension cord in half and pass the folded end through the outermost ring of the hammock suspension strap and drop both microbiner ends thorough the loop forming a girth hitch
    2. Pass each microbiner thorough one corner ring
    3. Pass the hammock ribbon through the quilt ribbon and attach the microbiner to the hammock ribbon
    4. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the perfect combination of hammock and UQ

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Thanks RoadTorque! actually being very male and not reading directions--actually I was too lazy to look for my reading glasses-truth hurts!
    So my method might be too tight on the UQ, but it felt great.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    are you creating your own UQ suspension or trying to use the one the Jacks provide? If using the suspension the jacks provide follow the directions
    1.''Fold the suspension cord in half and pass the folded end through the outermost ring of the hammock suspension strap and drop both microbiner ends thorough the loop forming a girth hitch
    2. Pass each microbiner thorough one corner ring
    3. Pass the hammock ribbon through the quilt ribbon and attach the microbiner to the hammock ribbon
    4. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the perfect combination of hammock and UQ
    Roger that. If putting it on in the field, it can go a bit easier ( not that it is all that hard anyway) if you turn the hammock upside down and lay the quilt on top of the hammock.

But connecting via the JRB directions, mine gives the impression of a virtual custom fit. If I put it on with all draw cords max loose, almost zero adjustment is needed after that for a snug fit. Or, I can adjust some and tighten it up to be safe.

I usually have a little space between the hammock and quilt sides, but I don't know if it affects warmth. To be safe, sometimes I run some shock cord from the quilt, over the hammock about knee level, to the other side of the quilt- attached with grip clips. Works good, I also do this with my WBBB.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    ...I usually have a little space between the hammock and quilt sides, but I don't know if it affects warmth. To be safe, sometimes I run some shock cord from the quilt, over the hammock about knee level, to the other side of the quilt- attached with grip clips. Works good, I also do this with my WBBB.
    This gap is endemic with bridge hammocks, unless the foot end is spread sufficiently narrower than the head end. The narrowness at the middle pulls in the sides of the hammock at the middle. Unless the UQ has some kind of tension likewise pulling it in, there's the gap.

One of the reasons I've been experimenting with a bridge hammock with much reduced foot end was to see if the narrowing taper on the sides is more significant than the pulling in the middle. In English, whether this gap persists. With 36" spread at the head and 18" spread at the foot the gap is gone.

Grizz

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Roger that. If putting it on in the field, it can go a bit easier ( not that it is all that hard anyway) if you turn the hammock upside down and lay the quilt on top of the hammock...
    Good idea, I will try that. I have always cringed a bit when i see people drag their uq across the ground

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Grizz and BB58,

When the BMBH with UQ, esp the Mt Washington, when suspended IAW the directions, series there should be no gap between all points/areas of load and the UQ...In our experiance any gap, usually minimal to none, is well above the body area.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll have to check, I dont recall having any gaps in my set up

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Grizz and BB58,

When the BMBH with UQ, esp the Mt Washington, when suspended IAW the directions, series there should be no gap between all points/areas of load and the UQ...In our experiance any gap, usually minimal to none, is well above the body area.

Pan
    Yes, the gap I am talking about is very minimal and more importantly well above my body, and may also vary with how I have adjusted the end straps. It's always minimal regardless. Which is why I was not sure if it even affected warmth, with this right against your back/butt design. I had some concern about cold air dropping down into that gap and maybe managing to contact some body part, though I have never felt any actual cold. Obviously side gaps would be more of a problem with a design where a gap, even a tiny one, might exist under your back, and the cold air could drop down under neath there. But this design would not really allow any cold air to get underneath your body.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Grizz and BB58,

Pan
    Thanks Pan. I knew you guys would have done what needs to be done, i.e. make the UQ wide enough so that the gap is above the body. The gap, perhaps small, but extant nevertheless, has to be there. 'tis simple mechanics.

Grizz

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast