DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel

Little Shop of Hammocks reviews?

Has anyone purchased a hammock from Little Shop of Hammocks? If so, how did you like it? I am looking at his flecktarn model and he has been great at answering all my questions. Also the Canadian exchange rate of s 30% off. Still, this would be my fourth hammock and it needs to be a great one before I make a purchase.

Thank you for any input.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    All my gear from James has been top notch. I look at all the stitching and go over every seam. His designs are solid. All my professional dealings with him have been excellent.
    But then I am biased as a closet Canadian.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    got a flextarn top quilt from james a while back, love it workmanship is 1st class,and with your usd $ vs the cad $ you will be getting a great deal indeed
    always use tree straps please

Hammock
    11'WBBB Multicam
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba w do
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ X 2
    Suspension
    Adj webbing
    I have the Warrior 1.9 Multicam. I love it. Used it bout 7 nights now. Probably end up selling my 11' Multicam Black Bird. He is great to do business with. I plan on buying one of his UQ in the future. I'm 6'5' 240 for reference. BigRed77

Hammock
    LSoH War,Swift
    Tarp
    LSoH Sil & AquaQ
    Insulation
    LSoH PartialUQ
    Suspension
    Cinch is best
    Images
    This may be my first post here - not sure. lol - I'm a lurker on forums, but I had to chime in to support my fellow Canadian and Saskatoonian?? ( I don't know if that's a thing. )

Anyway - I have purchased 3 hammocks from James. 1 was a long time ago, doesn't have a bugnet, but lots of bells and whistles. Then now 2 of his Warrior model. They are amazing. My first is a purple unit that I didn't know would handle my weight or not - Really neat soft feeling fabric - Maybe James can chime in and tell you what it was. Anyway, It could hold me and my son, Equal to over 320 pounds easy with gear. I recently bought a flecktarn Warrior, which is wider, and wow - what a difference! My son now will get to use the purple one. Like Dutch said above - the seams and sewing are top notch, the little details are great. He even did some custom work for me with one of my goof ball suggestions for more color. There's triangle at the top corners, I asked if I can have them different colors. No problem! he even took pics of different colors by the Flecktarn for me to help decide.

I also have 2 tarps from him, 1 heavy PU coated custom, and a very light Silnylon unit I haven't used yet - But again, looks tough as nails.

2 underquilts - both 3/4 length, both Synthetic Climasheild - Tested down to 37 F by my son and I. Toasty warm! ( I don't see 3/4 on his site currently, so maybe custom? )

Anyway - He's listened to many of my stupid beginner questions, We've become friends and he let my son and I tag along on an off road camping overnighter with him last fall. HIGHLY recommend his gear.

Hammock
    LSoH War,Swift
    Tarp
    LSoH Sil & AquaQ
    Insulation
    LSoH PartialUQ
    Suspension
    Cinch is best
    Images
    12022626_10156057120805066_6687560339915149332_o.jpg12030552_10156057154505066_5473683745044823104_o.jpg12003222_1649309602017950_6126657390253581940_n.jpg11986549_10156002910575066_6034816175352253918_n.jpg

All of these camping pics are when I was using purple, my son a cheap green hammock - 1st trip only had one underquilt - then got another. Man - what a huge difference between that and a sleeping mat. The pic with 3 hammocks - the single is James, and his tarp is wrapped up in Snakeskins - that's high on my list now - seeing how fast setup and teardown was. Also a pic of my new hammock I haven't got to camp in yet - I'm going to love getting rid of that stupid extra ridgeline for Thomas's hammock and also having it spread out nice - Thomas has gotten a mosquito bite or 2 through the bugnet on his old hammock.

Oh - and here's one of the pics he sent me while working on it to show me how the colors looked! And a Shot of the PU coated tarp I got from him all Battened down for the rainy night ahead. THis was my frist time out in hammocks - I'm scatterbrained at the best of times - so this is 2 tarps - one under this covering more of the back side / my sons side. I ended up adding a 3rd smaller tarp in the night as it was quite rainy and windy and blowing a little in. Learned a lot since then. Tarp was way too high for a rainy / windy night.

tumblr_nubekdMoAp1u49tpqo3_1280.jpg1040611_10155684838820066_3369107240598506697_o.jpg

edit : I see that the 3rd ( orange) tarp was already added in photo.
    Last edited by jonnyrockets; 02-01-2016 at 12:45.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    Thank you for all the feedback! I just purchased a Warrior Hammock from Little Shop of Hammocks. I must say that James at Little Shop of Hammocks is outstanding at customer service and answered all my questions in my quest for the perfect hammock, which are not easy questions.

Thanks!

Hammock
    11'WBBB Multicam
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba w do
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ X 2
    Suspension
    Adj webbing
    You want be sorry! BigRed77

James is fantastic to deal with. I've been really happy with both his work and his customer service.

Hammock
    LSOH 11' Hyper D
    Tarp
    DD 4x4
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ, pad
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images
    Many thanks to James for the amazing customer service and for very patiently putting up with my newbie questions.

My beautiful olive 11' HyperD hammock with cinch buckle suspension arrived today and looks first class. I cannot wait to get out and have a little hang in it.

Thanks again James and for the little extras you threw in as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast