WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by civetta View Post
    I have some tutorial requests from my fellow hangers, if it isn't too late. Fire skills, useful knots, hammock insulation tips, maybe some other bushcrafty skills, spoonmaking.
    Thanks! See you all soon!
    Thank you Joanne. That is perfect. I have already asked Sky to do a knife sharpening demonstration. I will bring fire making stuff along with all my carving stuff.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    I don't know how many others out there have food allergies but I know Lil' Princess (Melanie) developed a gluten intolerance this year. If any others have any food allergies can you make note of that on the spreadsheet so others might be able to take that into consideration when they bring food along.

Thank you.
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Hennessey Backpacker Ultralight
    Tarp
    Backpacker Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessey
    I've been busy lately and haven't touched base on the forums, but I'm super excited about the hang! I've got the whole time Friday to Sunday blocked off.

I'm not sure what to bring for food.... how about hot dogs and associated whatnot?

As far as tutorials/things to learn, I'm always game for sharpening skills in anything related to camping or bushcraft.

I recently picked up a tomahawk to replace a large knife for processing campfire wood and etc, so I suppose if anybody has lots of hatchet/tomahawk skills I'd love to get some pointers.

I'm excited to learn about knife sharpening as I feel I am pretty rough on my edged tools when I (try to) sharpen them, so that will be a good thing for me to get some more learning on.

I can get a fire going well most of the time but I often cheat and use crumpled up newspaper instead of proper tinder, so that's a skill that could get some sharpening. OH I've got an altoids tin and some old cloth and I was thinking of making some bits of charcloth... anybody know how to do that? I was just gonna chuck it in a fire and hope... would be good to get expert advice!

And of course, as a new hammock camper I'm very excited about learning from all of you fine folks who have been doing it for a while, finding out what I've been doing wrong that I don't even KNOW I'm doing wrong, getting pointers on how to do things better, etc.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by jdripley View Post
    I've been busy lately and haven't touched base on the forums, but I'm super excited about the hang! I've got the whole time Friday to Sunday blocked off.

I'm not sure what to bring for food.... how about hot dogs and associated whatnot?

As far as tutorials/things to learn, I'm always game for sharpening skills in anything related to camping or bushcraft.

I recently picked up a tomahawk to replace a large knife for processing campfire wood and etc, so I suppose if anybody has lots of hatchet/tomahawk skills I'd love to get some pointers.

I'm excited to learn about knife sharpening as I feel I am pretty rough on my edged tools when I (try to) sharpen them, so that will be a good thing for me to get some more learning on.

I can get a fire going well most of the time but I often cheat and use crumpled up newspaper instead of proper tinder, so that's a skill that could get some sharpening. OH I've got an altoids tin and some old cloth and I was thinking of making some bits of charcloth... anybody know how to do that? I was just gonna chuck it in a fire and hope... would be good to get expert advice!

And of course, as a new hammock camper I'm very excited about learning from all of you fine folks who have been doing it for a while, finding out what I've been doing wrong that I don't even KNOW I'm doing wrong, getting pointers on how to do things better, etc.
    Well you will definitely be helped in all the areas you mentioned including eating. We eat very well at these events.
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    still tweaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    I don't know how many others out there have food allergies but I know Lil' Princess (Melanie) developed a gluten intolerance this year. If any others have any food allergies can you make note of that on the spreadsheet so others might be able to take that into consideration when they bring food along.

Thank you.
    How about stuffed pepper soup with GF corn bread?

Hammock
    Hennessey Backpacker Ultralight
    Tarp
    Backpacker Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessey
    How about "pancakes" where the batter is made of egg, banana and ground flax seed? It's more of a Swedish breakfast consistency but tastes great!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks
    Capricorn and I need to go on the tentative list now. Susan's having bad knee pain (all week long), and I don't know if she will really be up for camping next week. She is being a real trooper and saying that she still wants to go and will play it by ear, but I am saying that it might be better for her to stay home and rest it and live to hang another day.

I will update the sign up, and keep you all informed...

Pete

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Hey Pete I don't know if you've ever been to the Ashby hang. But we pretty much drive up to the hang location and the camp area. And if your wife wanted to she's able to just sit around and hang out by the campfire. There's not a whole lot of walking around un less she wants to. Just throwing that out there also we're not that far away from ice so if there was a reason that she needed just to put her leg up and ice it that wouldn't be all that difficult either.
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Hey Pete I don't know if you've ever been to the Ashby hang. But we pretty much drive up to the hang location and the camp area. And if your wife wanted to she's able to just sit around and hang out by the campfire. There's not a whole lot of walking around un less she wants to. Just throwing that out there also we're not that far away from ice so if there was a reason that she needed just to put her leg up and ice it that wouldn't be all that difficult either.
    Sitting around by the campfire is good, knee pain or not! We haven't been to Ashby and I have been looking forward to this, so hoping we will still make it. I'm still a newbie at hammocking and want to start doing and learning (and sleeping) it all!

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    I'm always up for trying new GF foods and stuffed pepper soup and GF Swedish pancakes sounds wonderful. Thanks guys!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast