Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultralite ASYM
    Suspension
    SW Simple Slings

Outdoor Retailer Show (a little late)

Last July I had the pleasure of going to the Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City. For those who don't know the Outdoor Retailer Show is THE show for buyers from all over to come to look for products for their stores. Strapworks had a booth way out in the back near what several of us referred to as "China".
    I had several opportunities to walk around what felt like heaven on earth for the outdoor lover. While I was there I had already decided I was going to shop for a hammock for backpacking and kayaking. I met with several manufacturers and tried out several hammocks, and the most impressive to me was Tom Hennessy of Hennessy Hammocks.
    Don't get me wrong, the guys at Eno were great, and there were a few others as well that were good, but Tom was fantanstic. He really stands by his product, his design was different from the others, and he knew his stuff when it came to the straps and material. He was willing to spend more time with me than the other manufacturers were and didn't feel like a used car salesman or a Home Depot team member.
    I ended up getting a Hennessy Hammock for three reasons.
    1) He made a good lightweight product that was ideal for my usage.
    2) His hammock was more comfortable to me than the others.
    3) Toms personality and willingness to stand by his product stood out.

I made a promise to myself to post a review on the forum, but got very busy when we got back from the show and it got put on the back burner. Now it is four months later and my enthusiasm has not diminished.
    I don't pretend to know everything about hammocks and I'm sure that different hammocks work better for different people, but if your looking into getting a Hennessy Hammock and are not quite sure for whatever reason, be assured that you are getting a great value backed by a good man.

David Quist from Strapworks
    Life is less like a box of chocolates and more like a jar of Jalapenoes. What you do today just might burn you in the end tomorrow.
    Go to Strapworks.com for custom straps at great prices.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Great testimonial. Thanks for sharing!

I have all kinds of hammocks from different manufacturers (both big name and from the cottage industry) and like them all for different reasons.

Hammock
    HH Exp A-Sym
    Tarp
    HH 70D "HEX" PU
    As I was reading your review, I was thinking wow, you know, I live right next (well within half mile) of strapworks... Then I looked at who posted it and felt very much like an idiot. I don't want to derail your review but do you have a set of straps that you recommend for another Oregon Hennessy Hanger?

• + New Posts