SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

Extremely Disappointed With UGQ Customer Service

After 4 weeks of patiently waiting in queue for my UGQ WinterDream tarp to be built, I am finally in production this week.

However, I now find out via the UGQ website that a new 20D PU4000 material is now being offered.

I wish UGQ had reached out to me via email last week before production had begun and said, "We are offering a new tarp material, care to upgrade your existing order?"

I looked at the order backlog. There aren't that many tarps on back order (8 to be exact).

How long would it have taken UGQ to do this?

It is the little things in sales that count in getting future orders. And I think UGQ completely dropped the ball.

But as the saying goes, "Buyer beware".

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Did you try contacting them after finding out about the new material? Maybe "In Production" is just a change in the electronic que, maybe it means your order has been pulled but not yet begun, the first step maybe? Always try and contact the vendor first before blasting them on the internet, at the very least, it gives them the opportunity to help you.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    So it's not so much that you're disappointed in their customer service or feel like you got shafted, but they started offering an upgraded product well after you placed your order and didn't drop everything to try to sell you on a product you'd already ordered? Sounds like a buyer beware situation to me. More like an entitled customer situation.

Did you take the time to reach out to them and say "hey, what are the chances I can get the new material?"
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Seems unreasonable to me to expect companies, before shipping a product, to go back to their customer and ask if they really want what they ordered.

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    Could they have? Sure.

But they're under no obligation to, and more than likely didn't even think of it. Just because you had this idea doesn't mean they did. And it certainly doesn't mean they have poor customer service.

You ordered a product and they are making what you ordered. If you no long want it call and cancel, or call and ask if they can use the new material instead.

DON'T go on an online forum and start complaining or bad mouthing them.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Seems unreasonable to me to expect companies, before shipping a product, to go back to their customer and ask if they really want what they ordered.
    ++ on the above. If you contact them, PHONE CALL NOW, they may be able to help.

Complaining about a problem BEFORE you even try to resolve it is childish
    Last edited by TZBrown; 02-04-2016 at 08:19.
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    many people would see the email to upgrade as an unwarranted solicitation, that could further delay the order. I would pump the brakes a bit. I think it shows just how much we are spoiled that someone expects this kind of service. besides the fact that in reality, with a simple email or phone call, they may have done it for you.

And for future reference I would try going direct to the vendor before posting here. That is unfair to the great people that spend years building a reputation or making customer gear and standing behind it. I have an UGQ uq and it is one of the finest pieces you could hope to purchase.

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I think you've got some unrealistic expectations there bud. It's not the responsibility of the vendor to halt production every time something new and shiny comes along and double check with you to make sure you don't want that new and shiny thing. I don't know how many times I've bought something only to have a new version announced shortly after.

I've personally had nothing but good service from Paul and Missy. They've answered my questions in a timely manner and when I ordered a top quilt from them they were out of storage sacks for it and instead of delaying my delivery, they sent what they had with a note stating that they would send the storage sack at a future date. In other words they went out of their way to provide great customer service, even incurring extra shipping costs to do so.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I agree with everyone else in this thread.

They're making what you ordered. If you wanted the new product, why not contact them first before coming here?

If you had wrote them and they said "get over it pal, shove it up yer pie hole", then yeah you can complain. I'm sure if you'd have contacted them, they would have helped.

Next time, pick up the phone and call before starting a thread that unfairly puts a top-notch vendor in a negative light. Hopefully, when people are looking for vendors, they'll ignore this thread, or if they look at it, quickly realize the absurdity of it.

Hopefully the mods or the OP will delete this thread.....

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast