Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbus37 View Post
    Anytime you want to run a question by me, from one dad to another, don't hesitate.

With regards to your question, I could go on and on, but really it comes down to a saying that my wife and I live by. Dont change your lifestyle to conform to your kids needs, teach your kids to be flexible and adapt to your lifestyle.............Morale of the story, don't think you can't do anything with your kid. They will adapt. If you make it normal for them they won't know the difference. Truly I don't think my kids even know they could have a say whether they wanted to go or not on a camping trip. But I don't believe they would want to miss out on all the fun.

I should get back to work. PM if you want, or if you don't mind the hijacking, keep posting here in this thread.
    Nimbus37
    What a pleasure to read your post. It is so awesome to see that some people still have some sense!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPhun View Post
    What a pleasure to read your post. It is so awesome to see that some people still have some sense!
    + a bunch. Preach on nimbus37!

Hammock
    DIY' 1.6W Hexon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 12'
    Insulation
    DIY CS 10 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    It varies
    I have 2. They work great. I modded one and and added side channels.
    The long will be fine for you. Even the reg fits me with extra room. I'm a little over six feet

Oops. Guess I should have looked at the date. Oh well...future reference

Sent from a phone somewhere

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I would follow Shug's advice in his video. He knows more than I will ever know.

On the family topic, I appreciate the comments, but it isn't rocket science but just something my wife and I believe in. Family starts with the parents and their relationship. We are suppose to be a model for our kids. If we change for them then we were not being honest with ourselves to begin with.

I do have to say that Christmas has been good for us. We got in on the UGQ Black Friday sale and got Zeppelins and Flight Jackets for the kids. They should love them for their Hennessy's. Should be good for them to have some of "their own" gear. They can get attached to it so they take care of it. Plus Boy Scouts starts soon, so he will be ready.

Merry Christmas to all, especially you Loaf. How is that now 10'ish month old? Do any camping this year with him?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 10x12
    Insulation
    SSTQ, pad under
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks Shug! I actually did a little digging and saw this vid and it helped significantly with getting the ORM aligned. I modified the JRB suspension to look more like yours in the video. Tried it last night down to a little below 30F in the backyard and it was very warm. However, I still had problems with a calf ridge from the WBBBXLC, so I gave up in the middle of the night and went inside. I've tried dropped the head end, but I just can't quite seem to get diagonal enough. I'm a little over 6'3", so that may be my problem. I'm going to keep tweaking, but I may need to explore some other hammock options.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 10x12
    Insulation
    SSTQ, pad under
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks all for the responses.

Tyst Död, thanks for the advice - you're right - the long is great. Complete coverage from head to foot - I don't mind the extra weight.

nimbus37, agreed on the shug advice - he knows what he's doing in the cold!
    On the family side, it's been really good. My wife and I continue to talk about what we are modeling for my son to see, both good and bad, because that will be his "normal" as he grows. While we don't want to change for him, it is putting some good pressure on us to be our best because that's what he'll see.

And my son is 13 months old today! Every day is something new and exciting, but the time goes so fast. We've gone camping a few times this fall with him, and are looking at going quite a bit more this spring. He's growing like a weed, but so far he seems to like hanging with Dad on the porch in the hammock. Merry Christmas - I'm sure yours will love the new gear and take great care of it.

Loaf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    I'm 6' and I wish I had the regular length
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12