Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images

5th Annual Sherpa Hang

This is the trip report thread for the 5th Annual Sherpa Hang. I'll be making my report later. Just wanted a place for those who are ready to report.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

1st batch of pics

Sharing a few pictures from this weekend's Hang.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

2nd batch

Sharing a few pictures from this weekend's Hang.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

3rd batch

I had a great time,

Thanks to all for letting me be part of this.
    Last edited by juanchoman; 02-21-2016 at 18:13.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Bone Zip
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Burrow TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Straps
    Great pictutes bomber!! Thanks for sharing them.

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    IMG_20160221_101802474.jpgIMG_20160219_184553447.jpgIMG_20160221_101656464.jpgIMG_20160221_101750501_TOP.jpg
    Another wonderful hang. 13 attended (prox) Everyone brought some food, but Emily (JEM) and Jim outdid themselves a usual. Pulled pork one night and "chili con fritos" the next. The weather was Chamber of Commerce perfect. Blue skies most of the time with light cloud cover once in a while.

Craig chose a new access method by paddling in upstream from the campground on Lake Arbuckle. I have a kayak and Samsara and I always threatened to do this, but never got around to it. This is the first time I've seen a paddleboard up close. Very interesting!!

I was too busy eating and visiting to take more pictures.

We took a nice hike Saturday. The Creek-side path is really striking with elevation changes that are unusual for peninsular Florida.

There was a rooster greeting the sun from an unusual direction back to the East, where no one lives.

The tent worked out okay. I like sleeping flat on a hard surface.

Thanks to everyone there. You are a special group of people.
    grinder

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Awesome hang playing in the creek running on thru camp. Several creeks it seemed.

I was able to make it on Saturday afternoon with my son Nightlibra. He has been to the Annual Florida hangs since FH2 on thru HangCon 2016. This was his first hang outside of that and wants to come out more. That's saying a lot from him.

There was some great chow and you all didn't disappoint. Wish we could have made it the day before to burn the calories consumed here.

So glad to meet up with some great Hangers again and we're looking forward to more hangs. Hopefully, pictures to come.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Another great weekend spend in the woods. The hike in was high and dry on the blue trail. At the side trail to Creekside found the first flowing water. Arrived to the site first to find water flowing thru the camp. samsara told us there would be days like this. Tried to clear and open the streamlets to move some of the water away from the firepit and table while awaiting the other arrivals. Slowy others began trickling in and the search began for reasonably high ground to hang over. Those who have moved on,lilricky, samsara and Tuck were missed. As were those usuals who weren't able to make this one. It was a pleasure having birdiesgirl, Tropikal and Bomber21 join the group and spend time around the fire with us. Looking forward to more time in the woods with them. After spending Friday afternoon and Saturday morning slogging in the water and mud around the pit and table it was decided to move to higher ground. Brilliant!

Then there was the food!So much that we didn't even get around to the bacon wrapped dates this trip. Thank you J-E-M and Jimj for your massive contribution to the weekend. And Richtorfla for the coffee. And Grinder's bacon appetizers Sunday morning. And birbiesgirl's crisp, even though I didn't eat any it smelled marvelous. And the contributions by many for the fixings for the MM breakfasts.

Then Sunday morning with the breakfast prep, packing up, and saying farewell to some of the best people I've ever spent time around a campfire with. Until the next trip.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks to all those who remembered to charge their camera batteries so they could share pictures!
    Great company and food as usual, THANKS to everyone for contributing. Especially to Jem and Jimj for the Pork, Salsa, Chilli and chips.
    I think we could name this Sherpa trip, the River Runs Through It. I like the site when its dryer, but it made for lots of wet feet and interesting conversation.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    After years of car camping and after having to postpone many hiking trips due to family, work, illness and other reason I finally had the chance to do it. This was the first time I ever hiked and camped and what a great experience it was.

I picked the blue trail as it was the supposedly the shortest and it was blazed I didn't want to get loss on my first trip of only a mile or so lol and I kinda got lost. Thank god there was cell reception, Rick and Jim helped me find the creekside sign that I could not see from probably 20 yards.

I carried more weight than I should but hey I guess that's how you learn I hauled probably 20 lbs of only water , food and every just in case item you can imagine. Food and company were great I felt welcome and at home with everyone. The location was nice and despite being wet I particularly enjoyed it because it made it more challenging for a newbie like me.

Looking forward for the next trip already. Regars everyone.

B21

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast