DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Link in post # 4. Woot is worth keeping an eye on....
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    DIY 11' Airwave w top cover
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 1.1 XL
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Hooks
    Bought one of these for my son a couple of months ago when they last came up.

A good deal if need a back up tarp or want you can lend to a friend or family member.

The biggest down sides to this tarp is that it must be folded to get back into the "stuff sack" tried twice to stuff it in. no go both times. a little heavy for the size, but still a great deal at $17 plus shipping

If you buy this tarp, I recommend that you throw out the cord and stakes that it comes with, not worth keeping either. The cheap "reflective cord" does not reflect and the stakes dont really hold in the ground very well. I added a 4 inch zingit continuous loop on each end, zingit CRL with a dutch hoop and tarp fly and some reflective lawson cord for the sides and it is set.

https://sport.woot.com/offers/yukon-...nt_gw_zlm_bs_2
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Hammock
    DIY 11' Airwave w top cover
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 1.1 XL
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Hooks
    Bought one of these for my son a couple of months ago when they last came up.

A good deal if need a back up tarp or want you can lend to a friend or family member.

The biggest down sides to this tarp is that it must be folded to get back into the "stuff sack" tried twice to stuff it in. no go both times. a little heavy for the size, but still a great deal at $17 plus shipping

If you buy this tarp, I recommend that you throw out the cord and stakes that it comes with, not worth keeping either. The cheap "reflective cord" does not reflect and the stakes don't really hold in the ground very well. I added a 4 inch zingit continuous loop on each end, zingit CRL with a dutch hoop and tarp fly and some reflective lawson cord for the sides and it is set.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    thank you, I missed the beginning of this thread somehow...

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    I can recommend the tarp as well. Used one for a while untill i got mj. It's a good tarp for the price. I sewed tie outs on it over the grommets for peace of mind. Worked well even in some heavy rain. It's a bit heavy, but not horrible. I weighed mine the other day and it came in at 1lb 14oz. That was in no see um snake skins inside stuff sack with continuous ridgeline ala dutch( dutch hook and wasp on zing it) and zing for tie outs.
    It's a great introductory beginers tarp that won't let you down and at that price it can't be beat

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Just bought the Yukon XL hammock, Walkabout rainfly, underquilt from Woot. Thanks for the heads up!! All of this will go in my SHTF bag and can also double as a back up or loaner. Price was right!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

First i have ever heard of Woot..Now i am the proud owner of another hammock for 19.99 and a tarp for 16.99..LOL..At those prices i couldnt not try it..

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter_Ken View Post

The biggest down sides to this tarp is that it must be folded to get back into the "stuff sack" tried twice to stuff it in. no go both times. a little heavy for the size, but still a great deal at $17 plus shipping.
    The tarp will stuff back into the sack. It is a tight fit but I have had mine out on in the sack a number of times. It does take some time though.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Just bought the Yukon XL hammock, Walkabout rainfly, underquilt from Woot. Thanks for the heads up!! All of this will go in my SHTF bag and can also double as a back up or loaner. Price was right!
    Slugger, You picked up an XL? With mosquito netting? If so, there is a series on YouTube by Sarge Vining that deals with adding a ridgeline and lifting the netting with the ridgeline. I am doing it to my wife's Mosquito hammock. But the netting works great with the stuff that they supplied. Again, YouTube has a video on installing the bungee that lifts the net. I did make one change and that was to add a Marlin Spike up about half way between the hammock and tree straps and attached the netting bungees there. I also changed the suspension as Sarge shows in the video series. Instead of the line he replaced on the hammock end I just larksheaded the original line and cinch buckle together. Then visited Harbor Freight and picked up a tie down made of poly and removed the metal parts. This is the tree hugger and suspension that goes down to the Cinch buckles. It all Works great together.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast