SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images

Sipsey hang

Guys,
    I want to go and check out the Sipsey and was curious if this would be a good route.
    Part at Thompson trail head and head south on 206 then to 209 then onto 204A to 204 then north east on 224 to 208 back to trail head.
    Are there any camp grounds on 224 or 208. Last question, how far is this total trip. I'm having trouble finding the exact distances on Google Maps. Thanks in advance.
    http://www.sipseywilderness.org/maps/204_206.pdf

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    That's a good route. Probably about 11 or 12 miles I'd guess. As long as you know how to get out of East Bee Canyon. After you follow 201A up Bee Branch and then up East Bee, there is one place on the right side of the canyon where you can climb out. It is just before you reach The Big Tree. 201A will be the roughest trail of the whole trip, but not too bad, as it sees so much traffic. No real campsites on 224 unless you just know where to look offtrail. Most campsites are along 206 and 209. There are a couple on top, just out of East Bee Canyon. There is a good site at the junction of 224 and 208, just off of 208 on the north side. Not a well used site, but a nice place to hang. High ground, flat, not much undergrowth.Section 13 on your map, right at the beginning of the word "northwest" Water can be found close by crossing 208 and dropping down into Whiteoak Hollow. You won't have to go too far. It's also much less of a climb than dropping down into the Braziel Creek Drainage to the north.

I was there this past weekend. The trail up from the Sipsey river to bee branch has A LOT of trees down. I found it very difficult. Caveat : this was my first time in Sipsey and I was probably ignorant of the best way to go. Also, I was on a time schedule to rendezvous with friends at ship rock. Not being certain of the way and wanting to make sure I didn't miss the rendezvous, I chose to turn back after struggling for quite a while.

Just be advised that I found the bee branch section tougher than expected. Thompson down 206 to 209 was great. The part of 209 that runs from 206 to Bee Branch was beautiful and easily walkable.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Sipsey hiking is a lot of fun. Best trails imho is 200, 209,and 206. Basically anything along the water. Plenty of potential campsites if youre using a hammock. 224 is a horse trail. Really easy hike, but not that interesting.

Hammock
    Darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    There's a nice campsite at the top just before where 204A and 204 intersect. Very flat and open with some decent trees. My little girl and I spent the night there this fall.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Like others have mentioned, there are a LOT of trees down on 204A. We actually had to spend an extra night there last summer because it took so long with my 11 year old to make it down the trail. As long as you account for the extra time you'll be fine.

Like squidbilly mentioned, there are a lot of great campsites along the trail up to 224 from the top of the falls in east bee canyon.

• + New Posts