So a buddy of mine and I went out to Honey Hill Recreation Area in Francis Marion National Forest for an overnight. I took along my WBBB just in case, but plans were to sleep in the BMBH I borrowed from Fin.

I used my No Sniveller as an underquilt, no pad and my Snug Pak 20* synthetic bag. I'm not sure if I had the UQ suspension set up right, though. I used the JRB suspension through the steel ring where the two webbing straps come from the corners of the hammock then hooked the biners into the grosgrain loops on the UQ. Since my quilt has FLOT, I sealed that up against the side of the hammock. I had some cold spots on my lower back and my hips where they were against the bottom of the hammock, but for the most part I was very warm. I even woke up sweating and had to remove my fleece jacket.

Sleeping flat on my side was great, but I'm not sure I had the hammock suspended correctly either. I'd wake up every now and again with my head against the end cap. I'd tried adjusting the suspension a couple of times but always seemed to end up with my head cramped up into the hammock end.

Overall, I was comfortable sleeping and the setup was easy, but I think I need a wider option. The only real complaint I have is the perceived instability when sitting up to get out of the hammock.