Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    It's funny that I never read this thread in question till 2 days ago...in a way it makes me sad that a guy like TH that helped jumpstart hammock camping to the masses would be like that...If you think about it...he was just like any of us at one time...making hammocks playing around with ideas in his backyard

I mean i can't say anything bad about the man i'm not like that and was not there first hand to hear what he said or how he acted but i know many of you are stand up ppl and trust you and to hear this is sad to me

makes me want to think twice befor buying another piece of gear from him
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Well, like Mr Wiggy and Mr Jardine- don't let the personalities distract you from the quality of the gear...Just my .02 lira. KM

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by KerMegan View Post
    Well, like Mr Wiggy and Mr Jardine- don't let the personalities distract you from the quality of the gear...Just my .02 lira. KM
    Fair enough.

But as long as there are perfectly nice people in this community with stellar reputations competing for my business, they will get it.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Fair enough.

But as long as there are perfectly nice people in this community with stellar reputations competing for my business, they will get it.
    Boy I'll second that ... folks like MacEntyre, 2Q/ZQ and the like ... makes you want to go to them first when you need stuff (or just want stuff )!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah - and many HHs are made in China so the quality isn't always great. Good customer service and he fixes them quickly from what I hear. Even sends extra gear to make up for the inconvenience sometimes. I didn't send my BULA in for repairs, but the grosgrain on my tarp wasn't sewn completely together at the tie-out and one of the prussiks quickly frayed loose and I had to replace it. Plenty of stories of snapped ridgelines and even a few of broken suspension lines.

Great ideas and well-executed products, but the quality of big-box gear is often lower than cottage gear simply b/c it's mass produced.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Gee whiz, I'm gone for a couple of weeks and you guys start a HH bash thread without me. I'm offended!

I don't like him much, although he has been much more civil towards me than the first year I met him. However, his products are fine if their features appeal to you. I've got about 3 or 4 things that I don't care for in the designs, but that hasn't stopped me from owning 5 or 6 of his hammocks. I just take the (in my mind) high road and made the bulk of my HH purchases from the second-hand market. No reason to cut off a nose to spite a face.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345