Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Had a nice hike in Friday night, and got set up late. Temps fell to about 21*F. Thing1 kicked her top quilt off once, and Thing2 kicked her top quilt off twice, but other than that, they were cozy.

On Saturday, Thing1 and Thing2 kept the fire going in my BushBuddy long after we had breakfast, then transferred the coals to the ground and buiilt it bigger. They transferred it once more time to the fire ring and made it roar. The fire was still smoldering after we doused it and departed.

Wisenber departed at 2p Sat. We waited until about 3pm. When no one showed up, we hiked out to visit my sister in Hendersonville.

Cooldays showed up in the parking lot just as we were pulling out. I'll let him tell the story of his adventure. He was the only one who hung Saturday night.

I did not take any pictures, but Wisenber got some. It was a good trip, and a great site. Sorry so many people were under the weather!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images

Wtq

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Had a nice hike in Friday night, and got set up late. Temps fell to about 21*F. Thing1 kicked her top quilt off once, and Thing2 kicked her top quilt off twice, but other than that, they were cozy.

On Saturday, Thing1 and Thing2 kept the fire going in my BushBuddy long after we had breakfast, then transferred the coals to the ground and buiilt it bigger. They transferred it once more time to the fire ring and made it roar. The fire was still smoldering after we doused it and departed.

Wisenber departed at 2p Sat. We waited until about 3pm. When no one showed up, we hiked out to visit my sister in Hendersonville.

Cooldays showed up in the parking lot just as we were pulling out. I'll let him tell the story of his adventure. He was the only one who hung Saturday night.

I did not take any pictures, but Wisenber got some. It was a good trip, and a great site. Sorry so many people were under the weather!

- MacEntyre
    Hey Mac! Glad the WTQs worked out well and all were warm
    Were you able to do any hiking Saturday morning

I'm starting to feel human again I'm made a TQ w/ Insultex today. If I feel normal (?) tomorrow I'm going to field test out on the deck.

Glad you enjoyed the site.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Feather View Post
    Were you able to do any hiking Saturday morning
    Well, we did not want to go far, in case anyone showed up...

However, Wisenber and I hiked the trail along the hillside, where it passes above the camp sites that are down by the river's edge. We missed the turn of the main trail during the night, which is a good thing, because we went directly to the camp sites by the river.

The flood plain and river banks are beautiful, with enough room for dozens of hammocks along the river. It would be a great summer hang.

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910