Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Hate to dig up an old thread. I just stumbled on this guy's video on Vimeo the other day and it piqued my interest. Upon further research I found this thread, and here we are

I decided to give this a shot, moreso just for something to do on a Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Alrighty then, I got this thing put together. Only took a few minutes. Anybody planning on doing this, you'll need 2 10ft lengths of paracord and 4 cordlocks. I imagine other configurations would work better (for adjustment and ease of attachment) if you put some time and thought into it.

SBUQ1.jpgSBUQ2.jpg

My thoughts: It does work. You can definitely feel the warmth with it on there. My basement is 60 degrees, so it's a noticeable temp difference. It fits pretty well around my hammock, but keeping the ends snugged up is a bit of a fuss. I had a hard time keeping it covering everywhere I needed. If I got my shoulders well covered, the foot end would be too loose, and vice versa. I imagine you could get it zeroed in if you spent some time with it. You definitely don't want it tight against your hammock so as to avoid moisture.

One thing to keep in mind. You want to use one of these 2 person S.O.L. blankets. Apparently this brand uses a different material that's less noisy. It is noticeably quieter than most survival blankets I've seen.

I was most impressed with my ability to get it all back into the original package
    SBUQ3.jpg

Edited to add: I don't think I'd rely on this as a primary UQ, unless I simply couldn't afford anything else. I will definitely keep it stuck in my pack for emergencies, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
    Alrighty then, I got this thing put together. Only took a few minutes. Anybody planning on doing this, you'll need 2 10ft lengths of paracord and 4 cordlocks. I imagine other configurations would work better (for adjustment and ease of attachment) if you put some time and thought into it.

SBUQ1.jpgSBUQ2.jpg

My thoughts: It does work. You can definitely feel the warmth with it on there. My basement is 60 degrees, so it's a noticeable temp difference. It fits pretty well around my hammock, but keeping the ends snugged up is a bit of a fuss. I had a hard time keeping it covering everywhere I needed. If I got my shoulders well covered, the foot end would be too loose, and vice versa. I imagine you could get it zeroed in if you spent some time with it. You definitely don't want it tight against your hammock so as to avoid moisture.

One thing to keep in mind. You want to use one of these 2 person S.O.L. blankets. Apparently this brand uses a different material that's less noisy. It is noticeably quieter than most survival blankets I've seen.

I was most impressed with my ability to get it all back into the original package
    SBUQ3.jpg

Edited to add: I don't think I'd rely on this as a primary UQ, unless I simply couldn't afford anything else. I will definitely keep it stuck in my pack for emergencies, though.
    I love this idea; how did you attach the cord + cordlocks to the blanket?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123