Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

SC > Huntington Beach State Park, >March 31- April 3, 2016>Spring Swing 2016 Trip Report

Got a few days off in a row so I decided to attend the hang as I have not been able to get to a SC hang in a couple of years. Got there Thursday afternoon. Once in the park I got stuck behind a lady texting while riding her bike all over the road. Found the camp site and set up.

Thursday and Friday where warm and almost did not need a UQ. Had my TQ ready to go but did not use it until Saturday night when it did get down to 51 which made for good sleeping. There were some skeeters out along with sand fleas. It also rained off and on, most times just enough to be annoying. It did rain most of Friday night along with some strong winds which kept my hammock rocking. As far as I know no one got wet in their hammocks.

Got to talk to Paul from UGQs and found out they have some new products coming out soon ( I will let Paul announce what they are when he is ready ). He did raffle off a tarp as a door prize which was won by Starfish Comet.

Junebug did a great job cooking lots of bacon and spam. Tacoma brought a box of Zingers, Twinkies ect which were a hit. HotLips and Kingsford made two kinds of chili for Sat's dinner along with some Jalapeno Max n Cheese and some Nanner Pudding. Good eats.

I went with Tacoma as he hunted for some Geocaches and we also hiked the nature trail.

Got to see some old friends and make some new ones and got to see my favorite little hanger...Mini Rat.

DSCF6889.jpgDSCF6886.jpgDSCF6892.jpgDSCF6890.jpgDSCF6894.jpgDSCF6896.jpgDSCF6887.jpgDSCF6888.jpgDSCF6899.jpgDSCF6907.jpgDSCF6913.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunner76; 04-03-2016 at 23:18.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    More pics.....DSCF6915.jpgDSCF6922.jpgDSCF6924.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    and a few more

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Thanks, Gunner, for getting this report started! We had a great hang with about 30 hangers from SC, NC, GA, VA and MI. It was great to have vendors TATO from TATOgear and Paul from UGQ in attendance. A big thanks to Paul for bringing down some goodies and giving away a tarp. We had a great mix of familiar faces and new hangers, families, individuals and 4 legged campers. On Saturday, we had a Gearage sale and several folks went home with new-to-them toys to try out. We had a yummy potluck supper and Pudden entertained us with ghost stories around the fire. Thank you to all who came to spend the weekend with us and for those who contributed to the pot luck.
    The weather was great even though the forecast was not favorable. We had a sprinkling of rain overnight Friday, which made for good sleeping. The rest of the weekend was beautiful! This was my hubby's first hammock camping experience. I was so happy to finally get him to stay and he said he would camp with us again...so SUCCESS!
    Here are a few pics I took.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie&amp; strap
    Images

Smile

Great pics junebug& gunner. Mine rat was as pleaaedcas always to see you gunner, she won't admit it to anyone but she actually likes her trail name and was happy to see you Gunner. Glad your hubby had a good time June bug we had a blast I can't post pics from my phone so I'll just post a link to them on Facebook. The kids said this was the best trip of all time, which I agree. So looks like Smoked butt has some competition now lol... OK so I can't even do that.. Well sometimes I hate the way the forum is set up.. Lol any who we had a great time with wonderful people
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Mini Rat reminds me of daughter at that age.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Its been over 15 years since we have been in the Myrtle Beach area and how has it changed. We used to camp at Myrtle Beach State park and this was my first time at Huntington Beach State Park. This place was very, very nice. Food and people were great. Loved the nature trails which I encountered an alligator from a distance. Thanks all who attended and made this hang great. Going to make this one of my annual hangs.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hey Junebug, how do you like the Biolite grill? I have the stove and used it on one campout. I was surprised at how fast it burned through the wood. Other than that I really like mine. Thinking about getting the grill to go with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    whatever it takes
    Suspension
    Web Straps
    MAy have to get in on this next time

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekturner View Post
    Hey Junebug, how do you like the Biolite grill? I have the stove and used it on one campout. I was surprised at how fast it burned through the wood. Other than that I really like mine. Thinking about getting the grill to go with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I really like it and I love the grill! I have started buying a bag of hickory chunks from the grocery store. Costs $4 and I only used one bag for this four day hang cooking on it twice a day. The chunks burn a long time. The grill works really well. I have the kettle, too. I really like it because it heats water pretty fast and will keep it hot for at least a half hour and usually longer. The best part about the kettle is that the stove nests inside it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast