Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Backpack Fourm Question

Just wondering why the information on the backpacking fourm is private?

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    I believe you are trying to access the Donating Members section. In order to read non hammock related topics, you need to pay and become a donating member.

Welcome to the forum.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You have to be a donating member, for a whopping $10 per year, to view it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    its worth it

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Theory View Post
    Just wondering why the information on the backpacking fourm is private?
    The answer to your question as to why can be found in the TOS linked in my signature.

III. Stay On-Topic. This is a moderated site about hammocks. Off-topic posts will be removed from the hammock subforums.

HF was started to become the single best source of hammock information on the internet. Our goal is to provide a respectful forum for hammock enthusiasts, and to ensure that it runs smoothly…not to grow the forum, nor to provide a friendly discussion forum for general outdoor enthusiasts. Discussion of knives, stoves, paddling, backpacks and other non-hammock related issues detracts from our primary objective. Excellent information on all of these topics can be found on dozens of other sites around the internet...but only this site can claim to have the most experts on hammocks in the world and we plan to keep that focus.

All threads not directly related to hammocks will be moved to the Donating Members section. Fewer posts, but higher quality ones focused on our primary mission area, is a perfectly acceptable outcome of this policy. Please note that if you are not a donating member, you will not have access to a thread you started that gets moved to the off-topic area. You may either participate on topic in the free access areas or donate to get access.

This policy is not open for debate, so please do not email the moderators with requests that we run this forum like others you frequent.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

This policy is not open for debate, so please do not email the moderators with requests that we run this forum like others you frequent.[/QUOTE]

Dkurfiss,

Gee, all I did as a new member with my very first post was to ask a one sentence simple question. Dkurfiss, please know that I have never e-mailed, nor do I plan to e-mail any of the Moderators. How you run your web site forum business is up to you.

Unlike the others who responded to my question, your response was very unprofessional.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Actually the response was a quote from the terms of service that everyone hits "agree" to in order to join the forum. The response was just the rules that govern how the forum runs, not a direct finger pointed at you personally.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Actually to imply that I would e-mail someone over this. Really, my time is much to valuable for that. I think I need to delete my account. Is there a simple way to do that without troubling the Moderator?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Theory View Post
    Actually to imply that I would e-mail someone over this. Really, my time is much to valuable for that. I think I need to delete my account. Is there a simple way to do that without troubling the Moderator?
    Nobody implied that you would e-mail anyone. You do understand that dkurfiss simply quoted the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you joined the site, right? The HF TOS has been around long before you ever came to this site, and that statement was there too. It wasn't even remotely aimed at you, and it's ludicrous to imply as much.

"All threads not directly related to hammocks will be moved to the Donating Members section. Fewer posts, but higher quality ones focused on our primary mission area, is a perfectly acceptable outcome of this policy. Please note that if you are not a donating member, you will not have access to a thread you started that gets moved to the off-topic area. You may either participate on topic in the free access areas or donate to get access.

This policy is not open for debate, so please do not email the moderators with requests that we run this forum like others you frequent."

By the way, you cannot have your account deleted. It will live on as part of the record.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    All of Deb's post was a direct quote from the TOS. She was merely trying to be clear. None of that was written to be personally directed at you.

Draw a breath, stick around. There is lots to learn here and you might have some tricks we would like to know.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast