Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trouthunter View Post
    The greatest part I enjoy about being out there is that I see no right or wrong way to do things.
    As long as you do it MY way...

haha just kidding Brother, HYOH and all that entails both hiking and hammocking, enjoy nature your way and on your terms. That's the right way!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC and DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Wooki / Top quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    This thread confirms my decision to mostly hike by myself!
    Not sure how anyone could balance all of the viewpoints listed above.

That way I can get up and go or take my time and I don’t have to worry about anyone else’s timeline.

Note that I’m mostly a get up and go person and standing around for an hour waiting for someone to have their leisurely breakfast then think about packing up their gear just irritates me!

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    It is interesting how adherents of each style can barely comprehend the other. Part of what makes escaping into nature relaxing is being on one's own schedule, whatever that may be. Going with the flow is a valuable skill but it is also a compromise.

I'm a night owl, and like to take my time in the morning. It is nice to get into the next camp early enough to swim, hang out, take photos, etc. But I have more energy later in the day. I recently went on a bikepacking trip, and the first leg was traveling about 65 miles to meet the rest of the crew...I ended up leaving my house at 7:30pm. A bit extreme for most. (I did end up splitting the miles between that evening and the next morning, to make a lunchtime meetup, so it wasn't too crazy. And I enjoyed having the first night out to myself.)

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I'm not a morning person, at home or on the trail. When with a group, I feel rushed to pack up & eat in the morning. When I'm solo, as I am right now, I have a very leisurely breakfast, then pack up. However, I miss the comaraderie around the campfire at night. So, both solo & group hiking is good, just different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Always waking up in the morning, I run to the computer and start to do something there. But in the best of times, I want to lie on the bed as long as possible. To think of something interesting that awaits me, to drink coffee. Read the newspaper in the morning, but unfortunately such opportunities are rare.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6 wide netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Bandit / JRB
    Suspension
    dependes
    I really enjoy both. Sometimes I want to get up and get the day started. There is something wonderful about moving through the woods as it comes alive around you. With that said, coffee from the hammock can be bliss too. Rekindling the fire in the morning and taking it slow, enjoying the site and company make this a preferred choice. I think its a both sort of dilemma not one or the other for me.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuban w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG top and bottom
    Suspension
    Kevlar Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by cmseeley View Post
    When I am by myself, I typically get up shortly after I wake up and then get breakfast and coffee going. And then while the stove is cooling down I eat, clean up, organize and pack up.
    This is me but I’ve never hiked with someone else so I can’t say how that goes. I’m usually walking by 8am-ish and that’s sleeping in and lounging to listen while I enjoy my coffee.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Wow. It does not appear that 12trysomething has posted to HammockForums or to his own blog in over two years, but people are still reading his posts!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    straps
    it all depends on the trip, if i have some where to go, certain area to be at, or just a leisurely trip then i will drink my coffee and make breakfast with a fire and bs for a while. i do enjoy setting up for multiple days but not always. depends on the mood at the time

Hammock
    DIY basic
    Tarp
    Amazon Special
    Insulation
    DIY Apex UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm almost always with my sons scout troop. So we get going about as quick as you could imagine 10 to 12 teenage boys moving on a weekend morning. I've never been the last one packed and ready to go somewhere. On the other hand, I've learned to not even bother being one of the first people all packed up any more. Once I finally hit my hammock groove, I plan on lollygagging up until the next to last scout is ready. Then hopping out and packing up just before the others start to wait on me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast