Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    CF Standard
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar BH

Hammock camping with your dog

Are people able to sleep in their hammocks with their dogs? I have a pug who weighs a little over 20 lbs that I'd like to try hammock camping with me sometime but I'm afraid his paws might rip through the material. Also I worry about comfort. Does anyone have experience they can share?

Hammock
    HH Expedition & HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Heck yeah you can sleep with dogs in a hammock.

The 30-40lb dog buried himself down in the footbox and claimed that end of the hammock. The little 10-15lb dog sleeps everywhere from next to me, next to the other dog or sometimes up above my shoulder.

Biggest problem, they get a little grumpy if I move around too much, the groan and express their displeasure.

But yeah, I've traveled with my dogs for 6 weeks, sleeping in the hammock every night with both of them, no worries.

Helps to throw a blanket down under your legs, cause that's likely where they'll wind up and a wool blanket, fleece blanket or woobie/poncho liner works great and will help protect the hammock fabric. Really though, they love curling up in the top quilt. They know the warm stuff and like it.

And when I say they 'crib hard' in the hammock, they are freaking hammock slugs that are more than happy to nap half the day away, whether I'm in the hammock or not.

Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30
    HTA

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    CF Standard
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar BH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Heck yeah you can sleep with dogs in a hammock.

The 30-40lb dog buried himself down in the footbox and claimed that end of the hammock. The little 10-15lb dog sleeps everywhere from next to me, next to the other dog or sometimes up above my shoulder.

Biggest problem, they get a little grumpy if I move around too much, the groan and express their displeasure.

But yeah, I've traveled with my dogs for 6 weeks, sleeping in the hammock every night with both of them, no worries.

Helps to throw a blanket down under your legs, cause that's likely where they'll wind up and a wool blanket, fleece blanket or woobie/poncho liner works great and will help protect the hammock fabric. Really though, they love curling up in the top quilt. They know the warm stuff and like it.

And when I say they 'crib hard' in the hammock, they are freaking hammock slugs that are more than happy to nap half the day away, whether I'm in the hammock or not.

Hahah awesome man! Looks like a lot of fun. Glad to know the material supports their paws, but yeah it sounds like a good idea to get a small fleece blanket. You've definitely encouraged me to go try it out with my pug. I'll have to report back to say how it goes!

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm spooked about my dogs tearing a hammock but last night they hopped in and crashed out!