Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Used as an every day bed, you'll want a softer, finer material. Consider the desire many people have for high thread count sheets... This is a similar issue... But in a hammock there also a stretchiness factor to consider. I haven't done my own research yet but there's always a thread or two where people are discussing the materials, and it shouldn't take long for someone to pipe up about it now that we're zeroing in on what you're after.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    Used as an every day bed, you'll want a softer, finer material. Consider the desire many people have for high thread count sheets... This is a similar issue... But in a hammock there also a stretchiness factor to consider. I haven't done my own research yet but there's always a thread or two where people are discussing the materials, and it shouldn't take long for someone to pipe up about it now that we're zeroing in on what you're after.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    No kidding! Small world! I grew up in Westerlo... you can take the boy from the woods, but you can't take the woods out of the man!

Hammock
    WBRR,Dutch 11' -wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly, SLD WiH
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix, pads
    Suspension
    web various cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    One's heavy; the other is heavier. You're probably better off with something like a Dutch hammock. ENO is strictly beginner stuff - which is fine if that's as far as you're going to go, and you'll be sticking with car camping. Most people find the ENO hammocks to be short (9'4"). I find 11 ft. hammocks to be much more comfortable.
    If that ENO is working for you great! I started out with one but found it short for my 74 inch length. I do sleep very well in my Dutch !!' wide double model netless with a bug net. I can get very flat in that. This was my upgrade.
    Amazing difference.!

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I completely understand your problem, being new you want to stay cheap and in my opinion ENO is a good starting point I have two great for naps but I've never been able to sleep in one all night! Then I landed up with an Amok, a Clark NX 270 and a 11ft from Go_Outfitters with net for under $100. No one warned me that hammocks are like potato chips, one just won't do.

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog
    I'm sleeping indoors using an ENO Doublenest because...............it is short. It seems wider than my long hammocks from Randy and Dutch. With my 5'8" height, it fits me fine. I had doubts about the stronger/heavier material, as I like sleeping in a hammock, not just on top of the fabric, but it seems fine. I don't sleep until my feet are warm, so I wear loose socks, with no problems from abrasion as mentioned by others.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123