New to the ham mock life

Well I been camping and canoeing most of my life. Since I am getting up in age 50 . The ground is not my friend and more. I have decided not to give up my passion. I would try and work around broken bones and achy joints. I am type of camping was a couple of tarp and a sleeping bag. I like to give a try and build my own hammock. I got myself a piece of goretex fabric that they make shoes out of. I want to sew in fannel inside to act as insulation. I will most likely spending most of my time up maine since I have cabin I can use as a base camp.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Welcome from the Jersey Shore. I don't think I've ever heard of a Goretex hammock - sounds pretty clammy.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Agreed with SilverSurfr - be really careful about how you implement vapor barriers, as they really affect comfort. Additionally, if you're considering cotton flannel, that's something that I would really shy away from as an outdoors material.

Start simple; if you've already camped you probably already have a pad so you can use that as insulation, and you can get nylon if you want to try the DIY hammock route for pretty cheap. You can still use the Gore-Tex as an underquilt protector later on if you continue to use your hammock and expand into making or buying an underquilt of some sort.

• + New Posts