Tarp
    Unknown
    Insulation
    Unknown
    Suspension
    Unknown

Cool Can't wait to get started!!!!!

Hidee Ho there Neighbors~

Just arrived on the site and an article from oldgringo on 4/15/16 is the first post I've seen - he made a hammock stand out of square tubing. If this is any indication of what I'm in store for on the rest of the site then COLOR ME EXCITED!!!

This rig looks nice and I agree about not wanting something under me in case Good Ol' Murphy gets his way and I come a-tumblin' down. I would love to create something like this for myself since I live in an apt. and they on me drilling holes in their patio posts for some reason!

HOWEVER... for my first DIY hammock project I want to do needs to be for the beach, and it could easily be just poles in the sand if it would work. Maybe 6 feet deep at angles without any overhead? Just trying to hatch a plan, but am not a welder, though I would love to learn.

Any ideas for something that could be 10-12 foot long without welding? It has to go on top of my Civic for travel.

Skippy

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome. You should try a tato style stand. You can make your own out of 2x2's but I was too strapped for time to build my own so I ordered this kit and ran to Home Depot and had the pipe cut. Just got through painting it to tonight so I'll take pics soon. This kit as purchased has legs that are (suggested length but can be longer of shorter) 6 feet long and a center pole of 10 feet plus an additional part. The legs fold up small in diameter. This would work just fine in sand and it you order an additional set of connectors the legs and center pole can be event shorter when broken down.

• + New Posts