Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Before ordering, what's the likelihood of thicker anodized minis?
    I like both the idea of color, smaller size, and being able to hang from them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan View Post
    Before ordering, what's the likelihood of thicker anodized minis?

I think both are likely but timeline on them is uncertain. Thicker possibly with the next order, but anodization might be a while longer. I think doing the anodization myself will be the most cost effective in the long run, but being tentative on investing on extra equipment right off the bat, and will need some time for experimentation with it before putting them for sale.

Also looking into titanium as there is a lot of interest in that, but not sure how cost effectively I will be able to offer those right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by timplett View Post
    I think both are likely but timeline on them is uncertain. Thicker possibly with the next order, but anodization might be a while longer. I think doing the anodization myself will be the most cost effective in the long run, but being tentative on investing on extra equipment right off the bat, and will need some time for experimentation with it before putting them for sale.

Also looking into titanium as there is a lot of interest in that, but not sure how cost effectively I will be able to offer those right now.

Thanks for the quick answer Tim. Order being placed for 2 COGs. With a pending order for 2 thick anodized minis; really want to hang from the minis.

Hammock
    DIY Hyper 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and pad
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    What would be the weight, cost, and breaking strength of titanium minis double thick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I will have to find a source for better titanium before giving an answer on that, seeing as what my supplier has is equal in strength to aluminum, so not any advantage of going to titanium. Will get you an answer as soon as I can.

COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    bias WW, WWM
    Tarp
    the MAMA
    Insulation
    Rev X TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Timplet, I haven't been on HF for a while, and then I stumbled about a thread on your COGs. Sounded interesting, even if I wasn't sure what they were for since I only read a couple posts. Anyway, intrigued I went to your website (found in your sig) to figure out what it was all about. The site is well done, professional but after looking at almost all of the menu options and pics, I still had no idea how these worked and what their applications was. I finally got it with the video (on your blog tab) of your beta tester. Seems to me that your product should be clearly explained when you first get to the website.
    So, unless I missed something (very likely) or I am under average smart (very likely also!) I would suggest that you describe and actually show how it works, and what it is made for, on your site, in an easier and quicker manner than having to hunt down the video to try to figure out what the hell you are trying to sell. This is by no mean trying to be a harsh critic, just trying to give you my personal experience and feedback in order to maybe facilitate your sells.
    I know most people even finding their way to your site know exactly why they are there in the first place, but some will just stumble there.
    I think you are making a great product and wish you all the best with your new adventure.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    I don't know if a specific purpose has been defined yet. (I was one of the beta testers) It seems, from my understanding, that it can be used in any way that you find to be useful.

I do agree that there could be more info on the website though, thank you for the constructive criticism. I kind of grew from here to the Facebook page, then to the site when realizing Facebook wouldn't work right for sales, and didn't build up the info on the site as I had just done that on the Facebook page. I will work on making the site more useful and informative for the uninitiated.

COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

It is still a work in progress (everything is at this point) but I hope the site is a bit more informative now. I've added a quick description on the home page, as well as a link to the new media page where I have consolidated some of the pictures from the beta testers, as well as some of my own and the video review that ps22285 made.
    COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    bias WW, WWM
    Tarp
    the MAMA
    Insulation
    Rev X TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Yay!!! Right there on the first page, link to pics and description, much better, good job!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast