Last night was lovely and clear here in southern Maine, with the forecasts of dropping into the 40s, so I took the opportunity to put the Draumr 3.0 up for the first time in 2016.

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 8.51.37 AM.jpg

We have our Hammock Home/Burning Men Hang just up the road at ATTroll's place two Fridays from now, and I wanted to make sure my gear was A-OK. I also wanted to try out a new modular sleeping system I'm working on for May to September camping that will hopefully let me go topless on nice nights. It's based on a cheapo "waterproof" Chinese synthetic bag and one of the Costco throws... The prototyped/poc version fulfilled all my expectations, so it's off to my local thread injectoress for a completed version.

The best part of the evening was getting to see the stars again. This is the first time I have had a chance to hang my hammocks since I had the lens replacement surgery done on my eyes last fall. POSIVIVALUTELY amazing to see the stars and the constellations sharp and clear without wearing glasses! I even saw two meteorites, and a fireball.