Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I haven't tried grapplers. Although I have successfully tied diamonds, the double diamond turns me off. I just don't have the patience for it. I prefer to separate wet suspension from the hammock, not sure this is so easy with this setup. One of the features of whoopie slings I dislike is the minimum length.

Hanging with a spreader bar, lately I've been using the adutchable/2.2 kevlar/jbend at the foot end and dyneema/poly/ti cinch buckle at the head end. All too often I find myself setting up in near-dark/dark so I've been thinking of using dyn/poly/buckle combo at the foot end as well. Otherwise I waste too much time fiddling with re-adjustments. I find spreader bar hanging requires some finesse, especially when I want to keep the tarp as low as possible. That bar swinging up when one hammock is loaded/unloaded is not something to overlook. Also, inevitably one of the head end straps slides down the tree (often quite) a bit more than the other once weighted, skewing all the previous fine tuning, so ease and speed of adjustment are important.

I suspect another need for extra fiddling is due to our back yard trees being only 12' apart and I keep setting the straps up too high, thus making it difficult to get the sag correct. The foot end tree has a large branch in just the wrong place so the straps are either too high or too low. Sigh. I'll try something different next time out.

With a single hammock, so much fussing is not necessary, so I'd stick with the adutchable/kevlar/jbend for both ends.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Sorry, I guess I should of been a little more clear. I wasn't talking about phantom grappler's entire suspension. Just the tree straps and the larks head continuous loop from the hammock. The method is really simple. It doesn't stay attached to the hammock. All you do is larks head the continuous loop onto the straps then tie a slip knot. Untie the slip knot and pull the larks head from the strap separating them. Same method as you mentioned above just a different way of attaching the hammock to the tree straps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234