Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images

A quick and rough review of the Molly Mac Gearbox...

I was browsing the vendors and stumbled on this little gem of an item so I ordered one. I got it today and thought it was very much worth doing a little review on. It's silpoly ripstop, weighs 4oz and folds up into it's own pocket. It easily fits into the palm of my hand so it won't take up much pack space at all. It has coreless paracord running through it with a few feet on each end to attach suspension. It's an awesome piece of gear so i'm adding it to my must pack list. It'll be nice to have strung up next to my hammock so I can get to stuff or anywhere nearby for that matter. I think I'll appreciate keeping my gear off the ground, especially in bad weather. Here's a quick and rudimentary video on it for those interested.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    WB Cinch buckles
    Images
    thanks for the review (yes, I know I'm over a year and a half late seeing this). I'm very close to pulling the trigger on getting this.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    JmBoh, since this thread was resurrected I figured it a good time to ask, a year later...are you still loving this? Has it become an integral part of your kit as you suspected? Has your opinion changed at all?

Always been on the fence about if i would actually use this or not. I love the idea of it.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

• + New Posts