WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Ridgerunner Drip Lines

Where are the best locations to place drip lines on the Ridgerunner? Top of the suspension triangle? Along the triangle closer to the spreader bars?

Also, what are you using for drip lines? Yarn? String? How long a piece?

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    My Warbonnet Ridgerunner came with drip lines in a very small zip lock bag. At first I didn't know what they were. I placed mine near the top of the suspension triangle maybe a foot or so down. Look in the saddle bags for the drip lines.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Never once used them.....on any hammock I have ever used. I guess some folks get drips. Can't say I have ever found it to be an issue. I carried the little lines WB had in the bag for a few trips thinking I would put them on if the rain ever started to be an issue. But by the time I was in a hard storm with the RR I had lost the cords and forgotten all about them. And through some strong overnight rains still never got any water running down the lines getting anything wet so I never added any drip lines. I am guessing someone had an issue at some point enough to come up with a solution but 7 years and I have been waiting to see my gear flooded by water running down the suspension and nothing yet.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Interesting, I didn't receive any drip lines with my Ridgerunner. But, like pgibson, I've never found them necessary.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    +1 to the never needed them camp.

If I were to need them, though, I'd probably place on each side of the triangle - maybe a 3-4 inches up from the spreader bars. I'd want to make sure they were still well under the tarp coverage.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAndMyBeans View Post
    Interesting, I didn't receive any drip lines with my Ridgerunner. But, like pgibson, I've never found them necessary.
    My WBRR is only about 8 months old. I wonder if he just started including these? They are very small threads about 8 inches long.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    My WBRR is only about 8 months old. I wonder if he just started including these? They are very small threads about 8 inches long.
    Mine is about 5-6 months old, so it could have just been a goof with packaging. The hammock also came with three different length dogbones, so it hung pretty funky until someone was kind enough to send me some replacements. If I need some drip lines, it won't be too hard to throw some on there. Us hammock folk always seem to have at least five varieties of rope/line laying around and stuffed in the couch cushions.

I recently spent a rainy night in my RR without any drip lines on the suspension and was perfectly dry in the morning.

Now, the bug net is a different story... I woke up to use the bathroom at about 1:30am while it was raining pretty hard and when I laid back down I felt a drip on my forehead. I thought to myself, "I must have gotten the net wet when I climbed back in". Then another drip and another, then I fell asleep. LOL

upon inspection in the morning, I realized that the shock cord on the bug net terminated directly above my forehead. I will now either use a drip cord on the bug net or find another place to attach to suspension or tarp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    +1 on the bugnet drip. Once was from rain running down the shock cord (I think). The other was simply the temp hovering around the dew point and me being a mouth breather. By the morning the bug net around my head was saturated with condensation. When I went to get up and answer the call of nature it dripped all over me, yuck!!

I haven't had any problems with water running down the suspension. I believe metal hardware that connects the body to the suspension acts as a natural break. Water should drip there if not most would drip off the suspension at the cinch buckles.

Hammock
    Blackbird (Single layer)
    Tarp
    Z-Packs CF w/ door
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie / Cinch
    Howdy. I just got a Ridgerunner and wanted to confirm that drip lines from the suspension is not needed? Finding this thread confirmed my suspicion about the shock cord attaching the bug net. Are you guys adding a drip line there?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast