What is the difference tarp fleaz, wasp , and tarp flyz

Looking for some Dutch wear for my tarp but I don't know which ones of these to get so what exactly is the difference between them all and which is the easiest to use

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Here's a couple videos to possibly help with the decision making process. I won't guarantee it'll be an easy decision, but at least it's an example showing how the Dutch bling can be utilized. Personally, I'm considering using his "fleaz on collars" (flea on a shock cord loop) on my tie-out points. I already ordered his continuous ridgeline setup with the Tato tarp connectors, so I'll have that to play with soon.

Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Stingerz - handed because they can be spliced on at one end and clipped like a carabiner at the other and have that useful cleat function. Great for continuous ridge lines or ridgeline tie outs using the V method at either end of a tarp. Lots of other great uses.

Stingerz - 3.4 grams each, you won't notice these on your ridgeline... Same easy connection as the tarp Flyz using 1.75 hollow braid line combined with a mini titanium carabiner so you can freely move your ridgeline. We sell them individually so you can build a continuous ridgeline with a Dutch Hook on the other end. Made from titanium. Made in the USA

Tarp Flyz - great to have on any line you want to adjust in length and cleat off

Tarp Flyz – A truly unique device developed to connect your tarp to a tree with thin 1.75mm hollow braid line.
    Made from titanium, Dutch Flyz are the smallest, strongest, and fastest way to tie off to a tree without actually tying and untying a knot, even when wearing mittens.
    Designed for the most weight conscious hiker Dutch Flyz weigh only 2 grams.
    They can be moved easily to any part of your ridgeline and quickly locked into position. Their unique design will hold in the windiest condition and never need a backup knot.

Fleaz - think smaller
    Fleaz can be used for many places on a tarp. They can be on your D Ring on your tarp, a prussic on your continuous ridgeline, on your tie outs, or even on your stakes.

Fleaz attached to a stake

Pics are direct links to https://www.dutchwaregear.com and quoted verbiage is from https://www.dutchwaregear.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

So you couldn't just use one of these to be on all of it. Like just running the fleaz on everything the ridgeline and the tieouts

You can with any of them, but the fleaz are so small and versatile thats what they are made for. Plus if you're cheep like me you can get two fleaz for the price of one wasp. Use them with CL prussiked to 15 foot of lash it on each side of my tarp Ridgeline. Quick easy set up and the only hardware I have on my tarp.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Lots of good specific answers above.

As a general answer, though, the main differences are cost/size vs easy of adjustment. At one end you have the Fleaz that are lightest and cheapest but can't be easily adjusted along the line (they stay put where you attach them). At the other end is the Wasp. Bit bigger, tiny bit heavier and more expensive. But, very easily adjusted. The flyz sit somewhere in between.

Different pieces for different use - need a quick/small adjustment for all your tarp stake tie outs? Fleaz are great. Want something that can easily adjust along your continuous ridge line for attaching your tarp to the trees? Wasps are the most flexibly-moved of the three.

Best of all? They all have cool names/look fun. They're all Titanium. They're all awesome.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VarmintSniper3o View Post
    So you couldn't just use one of these to be on all of it. Like just running the fleaz on everything the ridgeline and the tieouts
    I use a Wasp for a Continuous Ridgeline, one and that's it.
    Also carry 2 other 30-40' lines with a Wasp on them for stringing tarps or solving all sorts of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    Lots of good specific answers above.

As a general answer, though, the main differences are cost/size vs easy of adjustment. At one end you have the Fleaz that are lightest and cheapest but can't be easily adjusted along the line (they stay put where you attach them). At the other end is the Wasp. Bit bigger, tiny bit heavier and more expensive. But, very easily adjusted. The flyz sit somewhere in between.

Different pieces for different use - need a quick/small adjustment for all your tarp stake tie outs? Fleaz are great. Want something that can easily adjust along your continuous ridge line for attaching your tarp to the trees? Wasps are the most flexibly-moved of the three.

Best of all? They all have cool names/look fun. They're all Titanium. They're all awesome.
    +1

I really like the Wasp because it is much easier to grab the line under 'the belly' and slide it along the line, especially in cold weather or when wearing gloves.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

• + New Posts