Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    This is the fear I have had ever since my first night in the HH at 9500 ft in Wyomings Wind River Mountains. Falling for what ever reason onto the rocky ground. I always feared my HH knot(lashing) giving way, but it never gave an inch. It never occured to me that the bottom might split! It all makes me want to pitch really low to the ground, especially if the ground is not my forgiving back yard! But pitching really low might be a problem with the bottom entry, more so than a top loader. But in either case being really close to the ground might be a problem with the tarp, since coverage seems better when my ridgline is very close to the tarp ridge.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 06-08-2007 at 07:28.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images
    I was thinking of how fortunate I am to be short and heavy! I hang my hammock to my bottom or waist, then by the time I lay my behind in it...I am about 6 or so inches off the ground! lol. I see everyone elses hang in pics and you look like a bunch of pole vaulters.

Images
    Fear of falling kept me from even trying a hammock for some time. I was so frightened when I did, I nearly up-chucked on TH at TD 2005. I did better with Ed Speer - Ed held on to me the entire time I was in the hammock. I was terrified in the Eno

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    KickAss UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck Hooch. I have a single nest I use for lounging and have not had any trouble. My wife and I have used it like a camp chair a couple of time together and not had a problem. I go 230 and I will not tell you what my wife weighs for fear of this being my last post. Let us know what ENO says. I did have to return one to them for my son. It had a weird problem where it didn't seem to be symetrical when you were in it. They accepted an invoice in place of a receipt so maybe they will cut you a break.
    Last edited by gstepclassical; 06-07-2007 at 20:45.
    When it goes over their heads, it really doesn't matter how high it is.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    if a person used a pack that needed at least a section of ccf pad to stiffen it, but they didn't really like sleeping on the pad, they could make a habit of laying it under the hammock. it would be like a welcome mat, a place to sit your shoes, & a little bit of cushion in case of hammock failure.
    same w/ a sit pad. hopefully it would never have to catch you, but it might give a little extra piece of mind
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    For anyone who's keeping track of the whole ENO cutomer service issue after my hammock dropped me like a bad habit, I got an e-mail today from Pete Pinholster, who, with his brother Paul (Where's Mary?) own ENO. He apologized of course, and offered to make it right any way I wanted and gave me his office number to call if I like. He also offered to throw in a PakPillow as well (http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/pak-pillow.html). I really don't need a pillow, but may see if he'll replace my SingleNest with a DoubleNest, it gives a LOT more shoulder room. By the way, I'm going to get some pics up of the hammock tears. I was going to take them yesterday and got busy with stuff around the house. I'll try and get to them today.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Cool beans, Hooch. You could put the pillow under your hammock, to land on next time . Sounds like great customer service so far.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Cool beans, Hooch. You could put the pillow under your hammock, to land on next time . Sounds like great customer service so far.
    Thanks for the idea, Patrick. I hadn't thought of that. You're one step ahead of me for once. Thus far, customer service has been great with ENO. I got a response back from Pete within a couple hours. It's good to know that they stand behind their product and back it 100%.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    if a person used a pack that needed at least a section of ccf pad to stiffen it, but they didn't really like sleeping on the pad, they could make a habit of laying it under the hammock. it would be like a welcome mat, a place to sit your shoes, & a little bit of cushion in case of hammock failure.
    same w/ a sit pad. hopefully it would never have to catch you, but it might give a little extra piece of mind
    I been doing that with my ccp since I got a gearskin. It also makes a good place to stand off the ground. It is also easy to add it to the hammock if I get cold in the middle of the night. Just make sure to put something on it so it doesn't blow away.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    I was thinking of how fortunate I am to be short and heavy! I hang my hammock to my bottom or waist, then by the time I lay my behind in it...I am about 6 or so inches off the ground! lol. I see everyone elses hang in pics and you look like a bunch of pole vaulters.
    Hey, I resemble that remark.

I inspect my hammock a lot. After a couple hangs in one, I feel comfortable and like to hang in fun stops.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast