Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAndMyBeans View Post
    It looks like it is tipping quite a bit to the left. Mine did the same thing when I received it, and it turned out that the dogbones on the head end were different lengths, which resulted in an awkward hang. Not sure if that is the case with yours, but you may want to check that out.
    You nailed it...one on the head side is 3/4" longer. I tried to pull the knot where it wraps around the metal clip and reposition it but it didn't help much. I'll contact WB to see what to do with it. I got it to with within 1/2" but I have a feeling that it will work itself back where it's comfortable at 3/4".
    Thanks for the suggestion to look at that. I just thought it was the wind or laying awkwardly.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Wish I could help you but I choose to go with the webbing and buckle for ease of use. Report back on how you like your setup after your trip. Where are you going on your trip?
    Anybody know what that little roll of line in a zip lock bag in the saddle bag is???
    I remember something about it but now I can't find anything about it. It's driving me crazy!

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    You nailed it...one on the head side is 3/4" longer. I tried to pull the knot where it wraps around the metal clip and reposition it but it didn't help much. I'll contact WB to see what to do with it. I got it to with within 1/2" but I have a feeling that it will work itself back where it's comfortable at 3/4".
    Thanks for the suggestion to look at that. I just thought it was the wind or laying awkwardly.
    Glad you got it figured out. Warbonnet offered to replace mine, so I'm sure they will do the same for you. I turned them down though, because a kind stranger on this forum offered to send me a replacement pair instead of me sending the whole hammock back to Warbonnet for them to replace the dogbones. I would love to pay that kindness forward. So, if you're interested, you can PM me your address, and I would be more than happy to send you an even set of dogbones.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Anybody know what that little roll of line in a zip lock bag in the saddle bag is???
    I remember something about it but now I can't find anything about it. It's driving me crazy!
    Those should be drip lines to prevent rain from running down the dogbones and getting tour hammock wet.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Those should be drip lines to prevent rain from running down the dogbones and getting tour hammock wet.
    That's it! Thanks

Thanks for offering the replacement cords...dog bones. I'm getting ready to head out on my trip, so I'll just have to spend a few nights in it then check back in. I'm wondering how to get them off? Probably by unloosing from the end and working back to the hammock? Anyway, that's a kind offer and I'll probably take you up on it.
    Will report back in Sunday night or Monday.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I'm wondering how to get them off? Probably by unloosing from the end and working back to the hammock?
    Brandon has a video on his site for changing the suspension that should describe how to get the dog bones off. Wonder why these are called dog bones? Take plenty of pics and stay cool.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Depending on how your tarp covers, I've found those lines to be even more helpful to attach to the shock cord from the netting. Water will run down those to your netting and get things wet. The metal hardware on the suspension tends to act as a water break in most cases - I've never gotten wet personally from water running down that main suspension.

Congrats on the new purchase. The Ridgerunner is my favorite hammock. Well made and so comfortable. Enjoy!
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBRR or Sparrow
    Tarp
    Depends on the day
    Insulation
    UGQ and Loco libre
    Suspension
    Buckles & Whoopies
    Congrats on the new gear.

I slept in mine last night in the yard, just because... so comfy... Heading to scout camp tomorrow for the week so I figured I better get a good snooze in now before going.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Glad you got it figured out. Warbonnet offered to replace mine, so I'm sure they will do the same for you. I turned them down though, because a kind stranger on this forum offered to send me a replacement pair instead of me sending the whole hammock back to Warbonnet for them to replace the dogbones. I would love to pay that kindness forward. So, if you're interested, you can PM me your address, and I would be more than happy to send you an even set of dogbones.
    I pulled one of the loops that bend around the metal apex clip and pulled it around and over the clip making it go a little extra distance therefore pulling it tighter and shortening it to the correct length. I think it's ok now. To pull those lines, you have to undo the weave on the amsteel...there's no other way. And if i undo the weave on the amsteel...can adjust it by weaving/braiding it shorter to the desired length. I don't see any other way of getting those off or on.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast