WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhubros View Post
    No, that doesn't seem correct. He did point out the loop of the ridgeline cord in that video, which I guess I missed when I was putting my system together, but I don't install Whoopie slings directly. This system only uses a continuous loop attached to the hammock. How would I attach the ridgeline to that? And again, how exactly should the ridgeline run?.
    Zhubros, If you watch the video titled “Installing whoopie slings on a Hennessy hammock” at 2:34, he also talks about installing the continuous loop (instead of a whoopie sling) the same way as the whoopie sling
    A closed loop is a closed loop whether it is a “continuous loop” or a small loop on the end of a “whoopie sling” and shows how to attach the hammock ridgeline.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    30 D Silnylon
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for the help, Crash! Finally found a probe of my own and worked away at it. Ridgeline back in place, and all set for many happy hangs!

Hammock
    Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    30 D Silnylon
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Hmm, thanks for pointing that out, too. Derek from the Ultimate Hang has an illustration that just uses a larkshead for a closed loop with this setup in particular, but I might follow the instructions in the video just the same. The only thing that concerns me is that I don't know that there is enough length in the closed loop for all of those fancy turns. The larkshead seems to hold up just fine. But do you think otherwise?

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out, too. Derek from the Ultimate Hang has an illustration that just uses a larkshead for a closed loop with this setup in particular, but I might follow the instructions in the video just the same. The only thing that concerns me is that I don't know that there is enough length in the closed loop for all of those fancy turns. The larkshead seems to hold up just fine. But do you think otherwise?
    Just use a 15" continuous loop so you can get a couple wraps as shown on one of the Hennessy whoopie conversion videos. I made a 15" amsteel dogbone to accomplish this using a little less rope.
    Oh I definitely did my research, and definitely ordered the correct product. I'd watched the videos you posted meant times prior; I was actually just going to go the whoopie sling route, and follow that video exactly, hanging with a Marlin spike hitch and toggle system, but then while I was exploring dutchware, I saw he had a new system that used whoopie slings and hooks and that looked really cool. And it checked out. So no problems there. Just in my excitement of getting this new system I forgot to keep an eye on the ridgeline and it slipped out and was just curious if someone else had had that happen and could offer advice on throwing it back together. But I'll figure out the route and larkshead it back together, which sounds right.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12