DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    The other side is wrong as well.

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight... But as an admitted newbie, to come on here bashing a well known, and loved vendor in the midst of the situation, probably isn't the best strategy.

The loops that are attached to the triangles need to be larksheaded around that knot on the hammock. How they came off, I don't know, but that looks to be exactly what would happen if they did.

Brandon has been well known to take care of his customers. Now, I don't know what that means in this situation, but to assume that he will cover a $60 shipping charge that you incurred on your own accord, just because you think he should isn't a very wise assumption either.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Folks,
    Chill out please no one is "bashing" anyone. The OP stated their issue, posted pictures to support it, and expressed disappointment. They did not in any way slam Brandon or his company. The OP also has been in contact with Brandon so this complaint is nothing new to the company.

Let's all take a deep breath, continue to provide feedback on the pictures if you would like, but do not turn this post into a war of words. The OP is entitled to his/her opinion and has stated just that without any attacks. Please do the same if you wish to contribute to this thread.

Thank you.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Is HF a vendor cult or a place to talk shop? Its stuff. Not exacilburs.. these are people not sage mountain hermits.

OP, as someone who works hard as hell for my money, I get youd at least like to see some help from the small cottage guy you tried to help because thats supposed to be a benefit to supporting them.

Just being told, we didnt do it, is about as aggrivating response as you can get.

Exped found a post on made on here about their downmat, contacted me unsolicited, sent me a replacement TO SEE IF IT WOULD WORK. Thats a big mean gear company trating me like a normal person. Against the laws of HF i know.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I don't think there was bashing necessarily here by the OP, but I do think some perspective would help. If we take the story exactly as its told, then I sympathize with their plight and understand how expectations may have been shattered. On the other hand, what we also know is that there aren't other Blackbird's out there falling apart like this one did. What seems most likely is that someone new to hammocks in general did something that caused this product to fail. That isn't truth, just what seems most likely, and not to say it couldn't be some sort of failure on WB's part. Could it be that the webbing suspension was strung tight and horizontal so that the increased forces ripped apart the suspension on one end, presumably because there was some weakness on that end?

I think the shipping thing is an unfortunate situation which is the OP's circumstantial need, and not the responsibility of WB - at least not the expedited shipping. There was good reason WB was chosen for $$ spent on a first-time camping hammock, and the OP is in good company there. WB is very used to dealing with noobs. I think the perspective here is that there is potentially user error, but I didn't hear any of that potential in the OP's story. Perhaps that lack of perspective played a role in the WB response? Not bashing the OP here, I still sympathize, just sayin'.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Running to a forum for you first post to point out an issue with a reputable company is in bad taste in my opinion and I know we all have them. Your best bet is to call Brandon and work with him. If the transaction doesn't satisfy you then you do not have to do further business with him. I know you are disappointed but life is full of disappointments. Again this wasn't something that should have been aired on a public forum until the issue was resolved one way or the other.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    No useful conversation is being added to this thread.

Thread closed.

I would hope the OP would repost once a resolution has been found.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

RE: Defective WBBB and problems with WB customer service

Hey all,

i originally posted https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...stomer-service

That thread is now closed, so I started a new thread clarifying the resolution.

After a few more attempts to explain to Brandon that I didn't mess with the suspension, it seemed that his opinion was final. And so I decided to return the hammock and not go through with the repair he offered.

In a pleasant turn of events from our previous correspondence, Brandon has said he will refund me the full price of the hammock.

I opted for a hennessy hammock for the trip, but am going to use it with the WB mamajamba rainfly.

My feelings about WB are that I was not given the benefit of the doubt as a new customer, which disappointed me greatly. I'm not sure if I would buy a WB hammock in the future given my experience, but maybe if enough time passed, I would give them a second chance.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Full refund sounds like the benefit of the doubt to me. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I merged in the final resolution to the OP issues.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12